Bluetooth icon Problem in WinXP Pro SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dharmendra_mistry123

Right off the assembly line
Hi

I have operating system windows XP Pro with Servce Pack 2

Earlyer i had a winXP pro and i upgraded os to service pack 2.

My problem is that Bluetooth devices is not showing in control panel.

Can Any one sugess me what the problem is?????

i am using bluetooth for mobile communications.

i have IVT Bluetooth.

Regards
Dharmendra

aadipa

Padawan
IVT bluetooth stack does not work like what Win XP's built-in stack works.

IVT needs a software (driver), BlueSoleil, to be installed, and it works from that software only. This software does NOT install control panel/system tray icon of Standard Bluetooth like Windows XP built in. But the software goes to system tray and works simillar way. Also Right Click>Send to>Bluetooth device is not allowed with IVT. And none of your application that needs native bluetooth of xp will work with IVT.

You can overcome this by using Windcomm bluetooth stack instead of BlueSoleil one, if your device is supported by Widcomm stack.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Having tried both microsoft n widcomm drivers, widcomm drivers r the best. U can try installing widcomm to c if ur device supports it

Pathik

Google Bot
if u have a bluesoliel dongle then install bluesloliel drivers only......
it ll work fine...

OP
dharmendra_mistry123

dharmendra_mistry123

Right off the assembly line
I will try widcom and tell you later. bye Send your name to my im.

aadipa said:
IVT bluetooth stack does not work like what Win XP's built-in stack works.

IVT needs a software (driver), BlueSoleil, to be installed, and it works from that software only. This software does NOT install control panel/system tray icon of Standard Bluetooth like Windows XP built in. But the software goes to system tray and works simillar way. Also Right Click>Send to>Bluetooth device is not allowed with IVT. And none of your application that needs native bluetooth of xp will work with IVT.

You can overcome this by using Windcomm bluetooth stack instead of BlueSoleil one, if your device is supported by Widcomm stack.

sourav

In the zone
OK I have bluesolie hardware but I want Win XP to support it. So should I use widcomm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom