Bluetooth Audio Confusion

Empirial

Youngling
Guys,

Bluetooth A2DP has a maximum available bandwidth of 768 kbps so its pretty useless listening to lossless music via BT Headphones. Now, If I play a 320 Kbps Mp3 then am I going to hear true 320 Kbps audio or the sound will compress further? Thanks!

Please reply...

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys,

Bluetooth A2DP has a maximum available bandwidth of 768 kbps so its pretty useless listening to lossless music via BT Headphones. Now, If I play a 320 Kbps Mp3 then am I going to hear true 320 Kbps audio or the sound will compress further? Thanks!

Please reply...

the bandwidth mentioned is the theoretical maximum throughput that can be expected. In almost all the cases it is not possible to achieve the max throughput since it depends on a large number of factors.
320kbps looks possible if you are using a good quality BT device. Just make sure that you get a stereo BT device and not mono.

OP
Empirial

Empirial

Youngling
Thanks for replying webgenius :)
Guys, can I expect a better sound quality if I pair say a Lumia 800 or 900 with Nokia BH111 & play MP3@320Kbps files? Afterall current lumia phones have crappy DAC.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I use a Lumia 800 (BT 2.1 A2DP) with Jabra Street 2 (Bluetooth 2.1 A2DP) and Denon AH C360 earphones. 320kbps based MP3 and MP4s work fine and sound fine too. Note that Jabra Street 2 has its own AM3D tech which enhanced Bass.

OP
Empirial

Empirial

Youngling
@gxsaurav: So you didn't notice any loss while listening via Jabra? Did you hear any major difference between your Denon & Jabra?

khmadhu

change is constant!!
recently i got Jabra Clipper from amazon for $32.
I pair it with my nokia 5800 sounds pretty good and clear. only thing is to hang the clipper the cloth you wear should be thin, else you may have to struggle a bit to hook.

Top Bottom