Blue Screen of Death (Windows 7)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
The computer was running minecraft, was paused, and I was away. Came back after around an hour and found a BSOD.
I tried switching it off directly and starting again, but got same screen again. Tried restarting multiple times but get this screen as soon as desktop loads(before icons appear or just as they appear). Sometimes while trying to start, just motherboard's screen is showing "MSI 880GM E35" & it doesn't proceed. On cutting the power & trying again, it either gets stuck at same screen or windows loads and shoots the death screen.

No new softwares or hardwares have been installed. The game Blur was installed 3 days back, and no changes were made to PC after that.

Configuration:
AMD Phenom II x4 840
MSI 880GM E35
Sapphire HD 6850
CM GX 450 Bronze(?)
RipjawsX 4GB

*i.imgur.com/AXDBAna.jpg

Help please.

EDIT: I guess this is wrong section. Sorry! :p

EDIT2: Tried booting again. This time it was trying to install some device drivers as soon as desktop appeared and got BSOD in seconds of that message pop-ing up! I have not attached any hardware recently, why would it install them?

Last edited:

koolent

Youngling
Seems like a motherboard or a power supply issue.. Check that out with your local store.. Virus is a no-no from my side. May also very well be the registry, check that out and possibly do a reformat :p

rohit0571

Journeyman
The computer was running minecraft, was paused, and I was away. Came back after around an hour and found a BSOD.
I tried switching it off directly and starting again, but got same screen again. Tried restarting multiple times but get this screen as soon as desktop loads(before icons appear or just as they appear). Sometimes while trying to start, just motherboard's screen is showing "MSI 880GM E35" & it doesn't proceed. On cutting the power & trying again, it either gets stuck at same screen or windows loads and shoots the death screen.

No new softwares or hardwares have been installed. The game Blur was installed 3 days back, and no changes were made to PC after that.

Configuration:
AMD Phenom II x4 840
MSI 880GM E35
Sapphire HD 6850
CM GX 450 Bronze(?)
RipjawsX 4GB

*i.imgur.com/AXDBAna.jpg

Help please.

EDIT2: Tried booting again. This time it was trying to install some device drivers as soon as desktop appeared and got BSOD in seconds of that message pop-ing up! I have not attached any hardware recently, why would it install them?

Pls see if this could help you out:

shreymittal

Being Human
I was also having the same blue screen error and the fault was my ram it got faulty i don't know how so got replacement my ram through nehru place

Note:- MODS please move this thread to appropriate section

Configuration:
AMD Phenom II x4 840
MSI 880GM E35
Sapphire HD 6850
CM GX 450 Bronze(?)
RipjawsX 4GB

*i.imgur.com/AXDBAna.jpg

Help please.

please try removing ram modules one by one else try swapping slots one by one

Last edited:
Top Bottom