Blue Screen at Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

icekid

Broken In
I am using Windows 7. Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB RAM. I have Microsoft Security Essentials as my Anti-Virus.

I don't find any problem with the system. But when I shut down, after the process a blue screen comes up and the system restarts. After I get into the desktop it shows the following message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 9426519C
BCP3: 807BCB40
BCP4: 807BC720
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\042110-14367-01.dmp
C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27253-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
*go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Can someone help me?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Download BlueScreenView from here *bit.ly/9whNby and analyze the BSOD dump using the program. Then upload the results here.

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In
I had cleaned my table recently. Did the RAM move when I was cleaning?? Cause this problem happened only after that.

@desuvra I was not sure what to do with software. Can you explan?

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
@desuvra I was not sure what to do with software. Can you explan?
Open the software, it'll go through the default location of minidump files and show the information on screen. Just collect the following information and post them here,

• Bug Check String
  • Bug Check Code
  • Caused by Driver
(P.S. My name is not desuvra, it's debsuvra :))

huntluck

Broken In
Only two condition's
Either your RAM is having some conflict's or your system has been infected for sure...

You better know what to do now?

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In
@debsuvra sorry about the name

Bug Check String: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check Code: 0x1000007e

Caused by Driver: usbhub.sys

@huntluck
I opened the cabinet and removed the dust inside and I removed the RAMs and clean them and placed em properly.

I also scaned my computer for virus using Microsoft Security Essentials

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
@debsuvra sorry about the name

Bug Check String: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check Code: 0x1000007e

Caused by Driver: usbhub.sys
According to your information, the problem seems to be related with device drivers and in your case with USB drivers. Try disabling USB devices from Device Manager and then restart the machine to see if the problem reappears.

To say about a rare case, like what I confronted with my old PC, the problem is related to over voltage on USB ports. Windows XP used to give continuous pop up about this and the machine often ended up with BSODs. I finally had to ditch the old motherboard to counter the issue. Is your PC a bit old?

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In
I disabled all the devices. Still the same problem. I bought the system from Dell in 2007.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I disabled all the devices. Still the same problem. I bought the system from Dell in 2007.
Try updating your system using Windows Update. It may pick up some updated hardware driver for your system.

BTW, did you disable USB controller from Device Manager? I was not talking about the devices that were connected through USB but the whole USB controller!

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In
BTW, did you disable USB controller from Device Manager? I was not talking about the devices that were connected through USB but the whole USB controller!

Yes I did that. I Just enabled only the once for keyboard and mouse. Still the same problem.

I have my Win 7 upto date. I also checked each and every USB drivers.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Hmmm, your problem is most interesting. Well, let's confirm a few things first.

• Are all the BSODs you're having concern the same file 'usbhub.sys'? You can confirm that using the program BlueScreenView.
  • Does the PC give BSODs even when running under Safe Mode?
  • If you have any supplementary PS/2 Keyboard, just disable all the USB controllers and unplug USB devices. Restart the PC using PS/2 keyboard and check if it's working correctly.
  • Have you checked with other OS, if the same or similar problems persist with them? Have you tried Windows XP or Ubuntu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom