Blu-ray Drives in PCs? Fuggetaboutit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Blu-ray may have a future in the living room, but its prospects in the PC market appear bleak. A new study by market researcher iSuppli shows that only 3.6 percent of PCs this year will ship with Blu-ray high-definition optical drives, a figure that will rise to just 16.3 percent by 2013.

blu-rayWhy the sluggish adoption rate? Michael Yang, an iSuppli senior analyst, says that consumers can't find a compelling reason to pay extra for a Blu-ray drive, in part because of the anemic selection of Blu-ray movies.

Read more here: LINK

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^That's not the main reason. Here's the main reason.

DVDrip: 700Mb. Takes few hours to download. good AV quality.
blue-ray movie: 25Gb. Takes few days to download. difficult to store on HDD and even a bluray takes about 30 minutes to burn a movie on to Bluray media.

so, obviously DVDrip will be the winner :)

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
^^ Thanks Desiibond. I have dropped my long-pending idea of going in for a Blu-ray for my comp.

Long live DVD:).

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

blue-ray movie: 25Gb. Takes few days to download. difficult to store on HDD and even a bluray takes about 30 minutes to burn a movie on to Bluray media.

haha ! you are HD newb.
Go to top forums like AVScience forums and Other AV forums.
Anything less then 720p and Dolby Surround is considered taboo.

And in High def torrents sites, you get straight ban if you upload anything shitty less then 720p + Dolby ! And $hit bit rates.

Right now the 1080p rips about 13gb are very popular and even Then 8gb once get high hits.

Full blu-rays are not yet a hit. Not becuase of space, because not every body has 50inch LCD and high end home theater for 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, those who have such gear never resort to rips, they religioulsy stick to full blu-ray images. Its all about your standard of living and lifestyle.

Also get your math right. Sony or Moserbear Pro DVD are 20 Rs each ! Now 1TB HDD is 4.4k ! Which turns out to be the same price as that of 4gb dvd ! So no price different between HDD and DVDs. Infact HDD a bit cheaper.

Many people who have moved on to HD never burn DVDs, they just keep things on hard disks. Since DVDs have higher rate of failure.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I am no expert, but from what I have seen and downloaded
700mb - encoded in xvid
350mb with h.264
same/similar quality

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'
I am no expert, but from what I have seen and downloaded
700mb - encoded in xvid
350mb with h.264
same/similar quality
somewhat.. DVDRIP mainly come in handy for newbs and who want to store em on cds(old reason).. U know.. once u have a exp of viewing 720p or 1080p.. u ll never want to comeback to DVDRIPs .. . BDRIP are way to go these days.. check out rlslog's HD section
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
haha ! you are HD newb.
Go to top forums like AVScience forums and Other AV forums.
Anything less then 720p and Dolby Surround is considered taboo.

And in High def torrents sites, you get straight ban if you upload anything shitty less then 720p + Dolby ! And $hit bit rates.

Right now the 1080p rips about 13gb are very popular and even Then 8gb once get high hits.

Full blu-rays are not yet a hit. Not becuase of space, because not every body has 50inch LCD and high end home theater for 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, those who have such gear never resort to rips, they religioulsy stick to full blu-ray images. Its all about your standard of living and lifestyle.

Also get your math right. Sony or Moserbear Pro DVD are 20 Rs each ! Now 1TB HDD is 4.4k ! Which turns out to be the same price as that of 4gb dvd ! So no price different between HDD and DVDs. Infact HDD a bit cheaper.

Many people who have moved on to HD never burn DVDs, they just keep things on hard disks. Since DVDs have higher rate of failure.

well said buddy...
DVDRIP are godforsaken to say it simple and plain.. I mean.. cmon... get a decent 720p movie at 4Gigs .. takes 2 days to download with bsnl 2mbps night unlimited... or at max 4 days... and have a great weekend? 17' monitors are no mention here btw
Posted again:

u r plainly mortgaging BD's man... DVDrips suck... BDRips are famous 1080p... around 10gig.. .
and HDRIp are good too ... 720p s I download all 720ps .. and guess wat .. i have 512mbps ul and get it done in 2 days... u know.. the weekdays (changing plan to 1000 bsnl anyway)
try enjoying the depth of movie like watchmen .. in 720p MKV files man... they rock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom