Bloodshed DevC++ gives errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
dabster said:
My best Bet for C++ programming using easyeclipse (*www.easyeclipse.org/) on a Linux Box, but if somebody wants they can install the easyeclipse or CDT (*www.eclipse.org/cdt/) on windows also.
Nah , give VIsual C++ 2005 Express a try and you *might* change your mind(although eclipse ia great project but i think it is too overwhelming for beginners)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I think it would be ok to say that if you are using windows and prefer a simpler ready to use ide, ms vs is great. I myself rather prefer using things like devcpp since solving errors is fun in itself and helps me a lot of stuff about the innards.

But MS has done a good job with MS VS. I am fanatical about neither. Depends on your bent actually. For complete noobs, definitely ms vs. No point going for devcpp and the like. But would definitely recommend trying it out for a week atleast once you are comfortable with MS VS. You won't regret the experience.

dabster

In the zone
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
overwhelming for beginners

That's why i said to try easyeclipse(not the full eclipse), that's the best and fast IDE, and can be easily extended based on requirement. check it here
*www.easyeclipse.org/site/distributions/cplusplus.html

abhishek_del

Journeyman
Hey, you don't need to use that .h after iostream and conio and graphics.h are not included by default in DEv c++

And for using cout you need to give using namespace std; command. before main().
void main() is not allowed...try int main(0 and therefore necessarily return it.
for getch(); you can use system("pause") which is a dos command for the same.

WIN32 API programming is quite vast and it takes quite some time to learn it. It is applied in C and not C++. C++ is used for OOPS. in wikipedia try and go through their book shelf and read the windows 32 programming sheet..You'll get to know more about it.

Also I feel at this stage it perfectly alright to use Bloodshed C++, since it is free and has quite a lot of features. You can use Open GL , directx and do 3d programs etc. I haven't used MS VS, but i prefer bloodshed since it is free.

For conio.h you can visit the following link.
*www14.brinkster.com/aditsu/console/
If you search at sourceforge.net you can get a link for graphics.h also.

For win32 tutorial you can go here: *www.relisoft.com/win32/index.htm

Thanks and bye

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
You can use win32 programming in C++ using OOPS. Implementation is a bit different though, but the same calls apply. Heck, you can use Win32 in Visual Basic and in any language on the windows platform.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@Abhishek , visual Studio 205 Express is the FREE version of Visual Studio for learning and hobbyist purposes .

@ilugd , yups i totally agree , once you're at ease with the language you should explore the innards to gain more experience and by chance stumble on something useful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom