BitLocker Drive Encryption

deshrajbhandari

Right off the assembly line
Hello Friends,

My laptop is not working and the repair guy said it is dead. On my lap I have a drive which is Encrypted with Windows inbuilt BitLocker Drive Encryption tool (Windows 7 Ultimate) and I am not able to access data of that drive. I tried to access data by using my hard-drive as External hard dish on another computer. I'm having the BitLocker Recovery Key and the Password which I use to access the drive. Please help me to get data of the encrypted drive, its very important.

2nd query is on same laptop I've some sites bookmarked in Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, how can I recover the bookmarks. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and Mozilla 19.0 and I'm able to access the drive on which windows was installed. I tried to recover it from .JSON files (bookmarks-2013-02-13.json) from Mozilla Users Profiles but it didn't helped much.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
on the other computer are you logging in as an admin.also to recover bookmarks you can simply copy paste the bookmarks json file in any existing new firefox install.

Connect the HDD to any other pc having vista or above (win xp wont work). Then simply enter the password and the drive will open.

Top Bottom