Status
Not open for further replies.

guhanath

Journeyman
Hi,
My PC config is as follows.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+(Socket 939)
Asrock K8 Combo-Z Mobo
512 MB DDR Hynix (333 Mhz) (MOBO supports 400 Mhz)
Win XP SP2

when i viewed the BIOS for update, I came to know that it is showing the speed as 266 Mhz instead of 333 Mhz.Can anyone state any reason or should i change jumper settings?

also please advice me on this.I am planning to buy additional 512 MB DDR (333 Mhz) of TwinMos (I didnt get the Hynix though).Will there be any problem on having different brands

Thanks
Regards
Guhan

::vicky::

In the zone
see ur mobo manual whatever speed ur manual says is the right and if u have a low speed ram exchange it with the the compatible or otherwise u will have problemin the future

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
to guhanath:

You said you have 512 MB DDR Hynix (333 Mhz).So probably you should change the jumper settings to 333 Mhz.Then you should check if your system boots and is stable. If it is ,probably your BIOS info is wrong.

Yes you can have RAM from different vendors provided they have same frequencies and CAS Latencies. Since the products from same brands are identical so there are no compatibility issues,hence they are preffered. But the of conditions are satisfied , then alls fine and you can run them in dual channel easilly.
-Kaustav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom