Bike advice needed urgently.

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Hi,

Being my first bike I don' t have much idea about bikes. So I am here seeking some help.
I am planning to buy a bike within 2-3 days . I have done some research so I want a bike mostly for daily use from home to office and on the weekends for some ride with friends(not regularly but sometimes) so I want a bike in 150cc segment . My budget is 60-70k would prefer adequate mileage so that I don't have to rob a bank just to run it . And it would be great if it looks good... I have thought of p 135LS(coz it has a good mileage, don't know much about its performance), Pl150 , FZS(but have read reviews that it gives very less mileage so am in doubt about it) Apache is also a contender so please help me in selecting one . And it would be great if you could suggest any other bike ...

Is their a great difference in the average that Pulsar 150 , FZS and Apache and please also give some views about their maintenance after some time of usage...

Thankx

Last edited:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Go for fz blindly. It will give a mileage of 40-45kmpl if maintained well. The new FZs have wider rear seats adding comfort for the pillion rider. The lord of the Streets....!

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Forget Pulsar if you wanna stay outta the crowd. Apache is good, but the gear shifting is a bit of a problem. Get the FZ, you get what you pay for. After all its Yamaha, love the quality.

BTW you can consider Honda Dazzler too. It may not have killer looks or pick up. But very stable engine and offers good mileage.

ajai5777

Youngling
Pulsar 150 is the best option among three.No need to tell the performance and power delivery.In the case of mileage, FZ gives 37 and apache gives 40+ where pulsar gives 50+
Only drawback is that every one has a pulsar :mrgreen: But that doesnt make it as a bad option.You can consider unicorn also.

iinfi

mekalodu
unicorn any day .... 45-50 is the average u will get .... looks arent great .. best value for money .... u need good service stations arnd ... otherwise it can become a pain ... which city do u live in?

@Osthe i v never heard of an FZ giving more than 30-35 mileage ..... not sure wat ur talking about...

Shah

Cyborg Agent
unicorn any day .... 45-50 is the average u will get .... looks arent great .. best value for money .... u need good service stations arnd ... otherwise it can become a pain ... which city do u live in?

@Osthe i v never heard of an FZ giving more than 30-35 mileage ..... not sure wat ur talking about...

Have you ever heard of the term "Run-in period"? Each and every bike has to be kept under 5000rpm for first 750Kms and under 7500rpm for the next 750Kms. You should keep your throttle under your control in this period and only one person should drive the bike for the first 500KMs (at least).

If you rip your bike without following the Run-in period you will have to face the following problems.
  • Low Mileage
  • Decreased Engine Life
  • Decrease in Stability
  • Engine Harshness
  • etc..

When a guy (who has starved to ride/own a bike) buys a stylish bike like FZ, He would rev it hard without knowing its consequences. This is the reason why most of the FZ Owners get less mileage and vibes at higher rpms.

Tips to get 40-45kmpl of mileage from FZ:
  • Don't let your pals/relatives to ride your bike till you cover 500Kms.
  • Ride under 5000rpm for the first 750Kms and under 7500rpm for the next 750Kms. After that you can rev hard as per your wish.
  • Maintain your bike properly and get servuced at time.

P.S. My Bro owns a CyberGreen FZ-S and gets a mileage around 40kmpl.

If you are still unclear, let me know it. I will be happy to teach and I will try to explain it briefly.

Last edited:

iinfi

mekalodu
what u v explained is a one off example in which the bike is probably being used and run in a standard test conditions .. jus as manufacturers do.
wat i said in one line, is it doesnt work! average person doesnt get beyond 35 on a FZ. plus that wonderful back pains u get after long rides. riding position sucks. not sure abt the new FZs which ur mentioning .. worth a look

aroraanant

Explorer
My friend own FZS, and yes the average is less than to the other bikes.
Pulsar is overall a very good bike but if you want to stand out of the crowd and want something good then get Apache RTR

ajai5777

Youngling
I owned a pulsar 150 and it served me very well in 4 years and I sold it then booked Pulsar 200NS :) and waiting..
+1 to Apache RTR 180 white

Top Bottom