Big Memory Problem??? Plz Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello Friends!

I am having a big problem, most probably with the memory. My computer working absolutely fine, all of a sudden starts making a nooking sound and every thing helds up. This sound continues for some time, and till then nothings responds. After some time, say a minute, it stops and things starts working fine. Again after a few minute the same problem starts. Sometimes the problem is so bad that the computer gives a memory dump error and I am left with no other choice but to restart the comp. On restarting the computer, the problem persists and its so bad that it cant even load Windows. it is only when I take off the RAM and attach it again, my computer starts functioning normal, that too not for long.

Now tell me, what should I do. Is it a problem with the RAM or with the motherboard. Presently I am working on Windows XP SP2 with a single 512 MB DDR RAM. Before this I had two 256 MB DDR RAM and was facing the same problem. Thinking that it is a problem with RAM, I got it changed, but the problem still persists. I am having a Original Intel 865GBF motherboard.

Please Guide...

Thank you...

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
as u have stated that u faced the problem with the 256 MB chips also,therefore it must be a problem with your RAM slot.Get it sent for servicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom