Big Confusion.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

chokhu

Broken In
Also someone can help me regarding how to connect to gps on my omnia2? i didn't find any gps software on my phone.

If someone can explain me how to use wifi connection? does wifi require any password? where to get it?

Tnx in advance.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hey great choku... I was out of station for few days...

Here, its 24K +

I will wait till other store launches omnia2.. and chk price... And which town you bought it now? Is there any way for me to place a order through him? :|

For mobile maps, you can use mgmaps.. its freeware and I am using it with my ROKR E6 for 2 years+...

You need a wireless router configured in your home to use wi-fi connection... or U can go to a free wifi spot and start browsing (They dont need any key)

If u have broadband, get a wireless router and configure it!

OP
C

chokhu

Broken In
@Ganeshkumar,

Currently I am doing Job at Bharuch city of Gujarat state. Here also many shops quoted 24k but in one shop I found it for 22.4k so bought it. This shop is not having online shop so you cant get it online from this shop. Either you have to come here for purchase or I purchase it on your behalf and courier it to you.

Now GPS an Wifi are working.

Can anybody tell me how to update my phone to windows mobile 6.5. Pls give step by step instruction regarding what to do when installing?

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hey Choku.. :)

Thanks for it. I will decide this weekend and will tell you.

And for upgrading ur OS, I found a link, look at it... :)
*www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussi...-5!-how-to-upgrade-your-omnia-ii-by-official/

Keeps us informed abt what all u r doing with ur omnia.. ;)

OP
C

chokhu

Broken In
Thanks for da link. I already gone through it n found that for india, upgrade still not available.
I just listening to music, taking photoes, browsing the net with my omnia 2. nothing more.
Ok. I m having some problems with my phone n i m listing here. Hope if some one can help me.

1). I am using airtel gprs(mobile office) to browse net on mobile. On my previous sony handset, i was able to connect net to pc with the help of sony pc suite. But in samsung pc studio, i dont understand how i can connect net on my pc through mobile. If someone can guide me step by step, then it will be very helpful.

2). In my contact list, i m having different mobile nos for a single contact. ie mobile no, work no, home no. Now while i forward any message, i m only able to select only mobile no of any contact. Suppose i want to send message to its work no, i am not able to select it bcoz only one number is displayed against contact name. How to select another number?

3). Camera is very good during daytime, i m not satisfied with night shots. night shots are little bit greenish type. I know there are some setting needed to be changed. Wat r iso setting. There are different iso settings like iso50, iso100, iso400 etc. Wat does it do? Some one can give me suggestion for setting for taking photoes in night mode.

4). I have installed some apps, but how to remove them if i want to? I cant find any shortcuts like add or remove programs. Also in specification, it has been written that phone has digital compass. I can access i by dialing *#0*#, which will bring lcdtest screen n in that digital compass is there. But cant find any shortcut for that.

5). Opera mobile browser came with mobile is nice but it is very sensitive while scrolling. I downloaded opera mobile 10 beta2 n found it very good but it also having problem like i cant minimise it while i want to switch another application n it automatically closes sometimes. Someone can suggest some good browser.

6). Do I required to install any anti virus? If yes, pls suggest some good antiviruses which r free.

Thanks in advance.

sachitgul

Journeyman
htc tattoo may sound like a good deal..
but the indian model does not have 3G...!!

also the QVGA screen restricts you from using a whole lot of apps from the android market...

such issues makes it a pretty mediocre phone..

IMO 5800 is better...

A

ankitsagwekar

Thanks for da link. I already gone through it n found that for india, upgrade still not available.
I just listening to music, taking photoes, browsing the net with my omnia 2. nothing more.
Ok. I m having some problems with my phone n i m listing here. Hope if some one can help me.

1). I am using airtel gprs(mobile office) to browse net on mobile. On my previous sony handset, i was able to connect net to pc with the help of sony pc suite. But in samsung pc studio, i dont understand how i can connect net on my pc through mobile. If someone can guide me step by step, then it will be very helpful.

install activesync in pc after thatclick icon called internet sharing icon click connect after connected to gprs connect sub to pc and enjoy net on pc

5). Opera mobile browser came with mobile is nice but it is very sensitive while scrolling. I downloaded opera mobile 10 beta2 n found it very good but it also having problem like i cant minimise it while i want to switch another application n it automatically closes sometimes. Someone can suggest some good browser.
try skyfire

6). Do I required to install any anti virus? If yes, pls suggest some good antiviruses which r free.

no need of antivirus I m using my phone without in since long time don't instsall ant cracked software

rest answer u get in google

OP
C

chokhu

Broken In
install activesync in pc after thatclick icon called internet sharing icon click connect after connected to gprs connect sub to pc and enjoy net on pc

Hey, I cant find internet sharing icon in activesync. Can u pls explain with screenshot?

There is one icon of internet connector in the toolbox option of pc studio. But it is disabled. How to enable it? I think that will solve my problem.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
^^^
Choku, In my father's HTC touch, when i connect the mobile to PC, it will ask options like, active sysc or removable disk or internet sharing.

I have to select internet sharing and then say 'ok', then my pc automatically connects to internet via gprs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom