Best Webcam under 1.5K!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD3030

Broken In
Hi all :p

I want your suggestions on a good webcam under 1.5K. Fixability on to of LCD and built-in-mic are plus but not a must. Purpose is google-talk.

Since the purpose is chat only, you can also suggest any good ones at low range like below 800/- also.

Also, let me know if webcams work fine with google-talk.

Cheers,

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I find Microsoft and Logitech cams a good, as with other brands I have faced a tons of Driver issue...

see you may buy a higher resolution cam but the problme is its hard to video chat with higher resolution cam in India.. so try to go with Logitech or Microsoft one and try to get lower resolution cams...

:)

just stay away from the Local Frontech / Enter / Techcom type brands :lol:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Quantam has some for Rs 500, so does frontech.

If u can find in your area, look for Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000 & NX-6000

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i have creative webcam vista costing 1.5k its pretty decent with good quality u can try that if u want, plus its from creative, really good

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I had seen a 5 MP webcam from Enter recently. Is it really 5 MP? They offer many things with it, mini stand, night LEDs etc. And surprisingly it was available for Rs. 1500/-
@Choto, what do you say? Is it real?

I have a quantum .5 MP camera. Bought for 1500 in 2005. And its working perfect till now.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i dont think we shud trust entry and ,well ,unknown brands last thing you wanna know its a local chinese brand

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Logitech 1300 wc.Though it's drivers don't support Vista.This cam got gold in this month's Digit in webcams ranging from 800 to 1700 (costs rs 1100)

OP
DD3030

DD3030

Broken In
Many thanks for your replies :p

It seems in case of webcam, it is better to avoid sub 800/- models/lesser brands. Based on your inputs, I have decided to stick with Microsoft or Logitech. I will gather some more info on (before picking one of them):

MS VX-1000
MS NX-6000
LT QC Messenger
LT 1300
LT QC Vista
LT QC Family
LT QC Chat

Cheers,

entrana said:
i have creative webcam vista costing 1.5k its pretty decent with good quality u can try that if u want, plus its from creative, really good

I checked in creative too... when did you buy that? It seems latest prices are :

Creative Web Cam Vista 700/- :p
Creative Live! Cam Vista 1050/-

So cheeta what do you feel about creative webcams?

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
So cheeta what do you feel about creative webcams?

yeah sure... good brand... My concern is only with Driver for the product for different OS !!!

Only just make sure the model you are buying is supported at their Driver page and drivers are available for Different OSes !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom