Best smartphone under 15k.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys,

I have been thinking of buying a phone below 15k and I found Zen ultraphone 701 HD (Released today)
It is quite similar to Micromax canvas HD but zen has 3k less than canvas HD..
I have also thought of buying Nokia lumia 520... because its OS is very smooth and less laggy..
And Micromax canvas doodle a111 is also available for a 12k whch is also a good deal..

So guys help me in buying the phone..

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Noone at TDF is going to suggest you a MMX or Zen or other desi phones.

Get Xolo Q800 or Galaxy S Advance for Android.

Lumia 620 for WP8.

The Xolo Q800 has a MediaTek processor same as MMX Canvas HD A116.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Noone at TDF is going to suggest you a MMX or Zen or other desi phones.

Get Xolo Q800 or Galaxy S Advance for Android.

Lumia 620 for WP8.

The Xolo Q800 has a MediaTek processor same as MMX Canvas HD A116.

why not the zen and mmx? cuz of service or warranty?

I find galaxy s advance quite outdated.I dont think Lumia 620 is worth it because there is not much difference between lumia 520 and 620..

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Well actually I played with s advance on jb ( of a friend of mine) and it was very smooth. The only drawback is cant decode fhd videos.
canvas hd is my fav under 15k.
Used my bro's 920 for a week but once you taste play store on a high end phone ( no compatibility issues with apps) you cant use a bb or wp.
My playbook is lying in storeroom ;)

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
well,
I dont like the galaxy advance...
So my choice is between zen mmx and nokia lumia 520..
So guys please suggest
thanks

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Well why not LUMIA 620, its in ur budget. Hope u knw the diff b/w 520 and 620. Saw L620 for ~13.6k in an online site.

Regarding MMX - Infamous After Sales Service.

EDIT : If a Flash n Sec Cam is not mandatory, go with L520. I personally prefer 520's design over 620. :)

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Well why not LUMIA 620, its in ur budget. Hope u knw the diff b/w 520 and 620. Saw L620 for ~13.6k in an online site.

Regarding MMX - Infamous After Sales Service.

EDIT : If a Flash n Sec Cam is not mandatory, go with L520. I personally prefer 520's design over 620. :)

I too prefer L520 design over L620.. :p
And I do not find any Large differences between L520 and L620..
BTW I heard that MMX build quality is very poor when compared to branded companies (Sony,Nokia,Samsung etc. ). Is that correct?
Well, then how about huawei and zen? Arent they too " Infamous after sales service"?
I was attracted to MMX and Zen because of their low budget high end phones..

BTW guys how is LG optimus L5?It looks like a good andriod phone...

And thnx for reply :D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
at 15k, you have lots of decent options from International brand. S Advanced is the cheapest of the android mobile sporting excellent spec at 14k. BTW it received Android 4.1 update in case you missed that. Next to it is LG Optimus L9. usually cost 16-17k but if you apply coupon code (if any) then usually end price is under 15k. Other than these there is the Lenovo A800 at 13k with excellent spec for a low-midrange mobile.

Also Lumia 620 got a better display than 520. Lot brighter (maybe one of the brightest display).

Well, then how about huawei and zen? Arent they too " Infamous after sales service"?
I was attracted to MMX and Zen because of their low budget high end phones..

Huawei doesn't have any decent offering above 10k. Zen i can't say but their range is limited and service won't be any better than other Indian mobile company. Problem with MMX is they make too many variants of mobile and after around 6-months of launching retire it. A116 was launched some 2-3 months ago and before July we'll have A120. On extremely rare occasions you'll receive any kind of update so if some software problem arises it may never get solved. For H/W it is a known fact that MMX sucks big time when it comes to after sale service.

BTW guys how is LG optimus L5?It looks like a good andriod phone...

crap. both L5 & L5 II are underpowered.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Oh l5 isnt in same league. You can get xperia L or P if you want, both are around 17k. L has a better proccy and P better display and body.
If you want thevfreedom of downloading torrents, changing real wallpapers, music players, playing any movie irrespective of extension etc. Do yoursrlf a favour and dont get lumia.
Lumia 620 has some additional sensors+ flash. But if I were you then in the lumia line I would still get 520 and keep extra cash in pocket ;)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Wanna play 20-20 get windows phone and if you're more of a test match player then android will be best for you.
Under 15K: S advanced , L9 will be best option.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
guys
My budget is very limited and not more than 15000rs..
Well..I dont usually download torrents and music players but I change my wallpapers alot of times..
I also change themes and looks of the phone..
So I Think lumia 520 is a good option...
Xperia L or P ad LG L9 are too costly

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Other than these there is the Lenovo A800 at 13k with excellent spec for a low-midrange mobile.

Bro I think you meant Lenovo P770 because Lenovo A800 is around 10k. can be sourced below that but lacks camera flash & most probably will be stuck with ICS.

Lenovo P770 retails in mumbai for Rs.13750/-
Lenovo P770 - Full phone specifications

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Bro I think you meant Lenovo P770 because Lenovo A800 is around 10k. can be sourced below that but lacks camera flash & most probably will be stuck with ICS.

ah yes. P770. thanks for correcting ;)

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
@op
if you decided for s advance grab it asap with or without discount coupons as it will be out of market soon......

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz

Guys
This lenovo is cool but can this company can be trusted?
Do they have service centers in Hyderabad.. How is the service of the company and how about warranty?
BTW thanks for reply.. but anyone who looks at it ( people who doesn't know LENOVO)
thinks that this phone is of china quality and its duplicate O_0..
So guys does this phone look attractive and how is the build quality?

Thanks..

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
@^^
Check website for service details or call their CC.
They phone is bit bulky inorder to accomodate 3500mah battery and comes in navy blue colour only. So better get a demo before buying.
Its not a flaunt device also check their s series fone. If dual sim not imp then seriously consider l9 around 15.5k with coupon discount or s advance. Both have jb update.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I saw that there was lenovo p770 vs lumia 620 thread..and all suggested lumia...

well..
I use this phone for calls messaging
not hardcore.. listening songs videos etc..
I also use for decent gaming like temple run...
I found that lumia 520 design is good compared to lumia 620...
But lumia 520 has low brightness and clarity compared to L620..
So guys suggest..
thanks

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I saw that there was lenovo p770 vs lumia 620 thread..and all suggested lumia...

well..
I use this phone for calls messaging
not hardcore.. listening songs videos etc..
I also use for decent gaming like temple run...
I found that lumia 520 design is good compared to lumia 620...
But lumia 520 has low brightness and clarity compared to L620..
So guys suggest..
thanks

Temple Run won't run on L520, L620, L720 and HTC WP 8S. If gaming is your priority, forget WP8.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
If gaming/customisation is a priority then stay away from WP.

But if you just a phone user that doesnt really do the heavy stuff, them you should have a serious look at the 520. Its fast, smooth and looks like it can be twice its MRP.

Top Bottom