Best Price/Performance PC Build around 1 L?

MrinalRoy

Broken In
Okay, I have decided to go with a 1080p 144Hz build with Gtx 1070.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Witcher 3, all triple A games at Higher framerates. Also HTC vive games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans 1 lakh INR

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 64 bit.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Dont have any monitor, want a 1080p 144Hz monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Dont have any for reusing.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I havent build a desktop, this will be my first.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Kolkata and probably gonna buy from MD computers.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest any 1080p 144Hz monitor if you know any with better price per performance.
Planning to buy this monitor for now- ACER 24INCH GAMING MONITOR (GN246HL

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Okay, I have decided to go with a 1080p 144Hz build with Gtx 1070.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Witcher 3, all triple A games at Higher framerates. Also HTC vive games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans 1 lakh INR

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 64 bit.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Dont have any monitor, want a 1080p 144Hz monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Dont have any for reusing.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I havent build a desktop, this will be my first.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Kolkata and probably gonna buy from MD computers.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest any 1080p 144Hz monitor if you know any with better price per performance.
Planning to buy this monitor for now- ACER 24INCH GAMING MONITOR (GN246HL

You can get a decent rig in around 1L, bit just asking can you extend it to around 1.2-1.3L

OP
M

MrinalRoy

Broken In
Yeah perhaps I can but it will be a bit of a stretch. I can get it around 1.2L, but no more than that. But still show me what have you got in mind.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Yeah perhaps I can but it will be a bit of a stretch. I can get it around 1.2L, but no more than that. But still show me what have you got in mind.
I guess if you are able to stretch you might me able to get Gsync included.
Might tho.
I am planning a rig myself from Mdcomputers in forth coming time.
About 2-3 months or so.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
You are from Kolkata too? Gsync will be cool. What's the configuration you recommending?
Check this rig out, and read the details at the end.
All prices quoted from Mdcomputers.
Processor- i5 6600K (Rs. 17,903)
CPU cooler- Hyper 212X (Rs. 2,999)
Mobo- Msi Z170A PC Mate (Rs. 10,815)
RAM- Corsair Value 8GIG (Rs. 2520)
Hdd- 1TB Seagate (Rs. 3560)
GPU- ZOTAC 1070 Amp (Rs. 38,937)
PSU- RM650 (Rs. 7927)
Chassis- Phantom 240 (Rs. 6000)
Final- 90661
Monitor- XL2420G (Rs. 38300)
Total- Rs.1,28,961

Few points to be kept in mind for this rig,

1).To include a Gysnc Monitor I have cut some corners, like there is no SSD mentioned, or a Keyboard/Mouse.

I did so for the fact so that you get an amazing gaming experiance right from the day you buy this PC.
GSync is worth the price and for a 144Hz display with GTX1070,you will for sure need GSync.

A 250 GIG SSD along with a basic Gaming Kb/M combo might cost you around 10k.
Maybe you can save again and get this after an year or something.

For now get any standard Kb/M combo that you can find over at MdComputers.

Ps- You can Get a GSync monitor, from acer at about 30K(8k less than from the one I added).
But Acer claims no warranty on the product in India.
MdComputers says that Acer gives 3 yr warranty on it, but then on Acer's website I found the warranty to be limited to only US and Canada.

OP
M

MrinalRoy

Broken In
Great man! Thanks a bunch....and I have a monitor for spare with its kinda a really low quality but after few months I will be able to buy the Gsync monitor you mentioned. ^^ Also the monitor is in preorder so its not in stock as of yet. Btw the mobo, does it supports VR?

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Great man! Thanks a bunch....and I have a monitor for spare with its kinda a really low quality but after few months I will be able to buy the Gsync monitor you mentioned. ^^ Also the monitor is in preorder so its not in stock as of yet. Btw the mobo, does it supports VR?

I am Not too sure about coz its like a really budget Mobo, but then I think it should. (Does a mobo have to support for VR? I think its more about the proc and GPU. Even the older Z97 mobos support VR so I fairly assume a z170 must too.)

VR is a very messy market right now,I would wait for it to grow then invest my money in it.
Given the fact that An HTC vive might cost you something of what many people have their entire build budget.
Also If VR is acually a big deal for you, go for nothing less than a Gtx 1080.
Current VR games give playable rates with 980Ti-GTX1070(although they are playable)
But who knows in about an year or two,what
Graphical improvments would the VR industry see.
If its a good leap,are you willing to get a newer GPU again after a year? So i suggest you extend your budget more and go for GTX1080, If VR means so much to you.

Also if you plan to use the old crappy monitor, it would be an insult to GTX 1070.

OP
M

MrinalRoy

Broken In
The VR query was a reference to future cause I have no budget for it now. So when i have the budget in future (like 5-6 months after) and decided to go for HTC vive then I want my pc build to be ready for some VR gaming. So for mobo compatibility it should have a Video port: HDMI 1.3 , USB port: 2 USB 3.0 ports.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
The VR query was a reference to future cause I have no budget for it now. So when i have the budget in future (like 5-6 months after) and decided to go for HTC vive then I want my pc build to be ready for some VR gaming. So for mobo compatibility it should have a Video port: HDMI 1.3 , USB port: 2 USB 3.0 ports.
The monitor 2420G will always be on perorder, you will have to preorder it, then you would be able to get It from MdComputers.
What I would suggest you is to make a list of all the components, of your build give MdComputers a call, ask them what products are available? What would you have to preorder? And when will all the stuff be available?.
Its always better to talk in person rather than rely on the website.

Wrt to mobo Also I am not too sure about the ports, it does have USB3 ports and HDMI port but i dont know which version it is.
VR is not much of my field of interest.
Also If you plan on getting VR, I am mostly sure at some point in future you would regret not waiting for GTX 1080.
I would suggest you to buy Gtx 1080 right now If VR is so much of a deal deal for you.

yasho2249

Broken In
Vr requires a USB 3.0 and a hdmi connection as long as I know. Soo any mobo with USB 3.0 is fine. Why do you need the hdmi port on mobo? You connect it on to your graphics card hdmi port.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Vr requires a USB 3.0 and a hdmi connection as long as I know. Soo any mobo with USB 3.0 is fine. Why do you need the hdmi port on mobo? You connect it on to your graphics card hdmi port.
Exactly.. And 1070 custom variants have hdmi on the front of the card..So that its easy to route..through the front panel..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Processor- i5 6600K (Rs. 17,903)
CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212X (Rs. 2,999)
Mobo- Asus Z170-K (Rs. 11,815)
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 (Rs. 2520)
Hdd- WD Caviar Blue 1TB (Rs. 3560)
GPU- ZOTAC 1070 Amp (Rs. 38,937)
PSU- Corsair RM650 (Rs. 7927)
Chassis- Phantom 240 (Rs. 6000)
Final- 90661
Monitor- XL2420G (Rs. 38300)
Total- Rs.1,28,961\
Good config but I have made some changes, So look into them.

Top Bottom