Best online store for buying computer

Need to buy PC from online stores since computer parts here are very expensive.
For example: Lenovo y510p Core i7 version is Rs78,000 (that too from a freind's shop) but we ordered for Rs72,000 in Amazon.in

When i google search for Indian computer stores i only see Flipkart and infibeam and these two sites have really low variety of parts. Our local computer wallah would have more cabinets than Flipkart, but i cant buy locally cuz they are soo expensive. More lights and bling bling in the cabinet, more the price (smh)

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
\K checking them out.
Btw how seriously should we be when choosing between ATI and nVIDIA

People say ATI has better Value for Money while nVIDIA has better driver support

Now what does this driver support really imply here, since it could mean a lot for things..
If it means that some games will be glitchy and may not support some graphic effects, then shouldnt ATI be completely ignored?
On my Lenovo Y510p which is fully updated with latest nVIDIA Drivers, when i play Skyrim, and when i go underwater, its all GREEN, like i cant see anything underwater. So out here should i blame nVIDIA's bad driver support?

Now if ATI has similar issues in many games, why would anyone go for ATI?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
*www.digit.in/forum/shopping/156282-part-i-guide-shopping-online.html
*www.digit.in/forum/shopping/145536-iii-online-shopping-discussion-post-your-feedback-queries.html

check these

- - - Updated - - -

\K checking them out.

People say ATI has better Value for Money while nVIDIA has better driver support

Now what does this driver support really imply here, since it could mean a lot for things..
If it means that some games will be glitchy and may not support some graphic effects, then shouldnt ATI be completely ignored?
On my Lenovo Y510p which is fully updated with latest nVIDIA Drivers, when i play Skyrim, and when i go underwater, its all GREEN, like i cant see anything underwater. So out here should i blame nVIDIA's bad driver support?

drivers don't define the graphics. good drivers will be asked to completely utilize the gpu's power. AMD is cheap, nVidia is costly, nVidia has better driver sorry but that doesn't mean that AMD sucks. AMD is pretty good too.

vito scalleta

In the zone
*www.digit.in/forum/shopping/156282-part-i-guide-shopping-online.html
*www.digit.in/forum/shopping/145536-iii-online-shopping-discussion-post-your-feedback-queries.html

check these

- - - Updated - - -

drivers don't define the graphics. good drivers will be asked to completely utilize the gpu's power. AMD is cheap, nVidia is costly, nVidia has better driver sorry but that doesn't mean that AMD sucks. AMD is pretty good too.
AMD's new mantle api would need a meention here too..

quicky008

Technomancer
\K checking them out.

Both Nvidia and ATi are good-it all depends on your personal preference and how much money you're willing to spend on a GPU.ATi's low end and mid range gpus are usually a little more powerful than similar offerings from nvidia at the same price point-therefore one can say that ATI(now AMD radeon)offers slightly better value for money as far as their entry level gpus are concerned.However if you're willing to spend Rs 10k+ on a new graphics card then you may consider nvidia as they provide driver level support for PhysX,which comes in handy while running newer games which are compatible with this gimmicky feature.

And its not true that nvidia has always provided the most stable and reliable drivers for their products-in fact about a year ago,they released the 320.18 WHQL Display Driver which irreparably damaged many gpus as it was riddled with bugs and was highly unstable-in fact a thread was created on TDF about this very issue:

*www.digit.in/forum/graphic-cards/1...thing-after-320-18-edit-issues-now-fixed.html

However the drivers that were released after 320.18 didn't have such flaws and have not caused any major problems till date,so it can be said that as of now,nvidia drivers can be considered safe for use.I can't comment on the quality of ATI's drivers as I've never owned any of their products-however from what I've heard so far,it seems once in a while ATI too releases buggy drivers that causes a myriad of issues ranging from certain games not running at all to random BSODs on system etc (although such problems occur very rarely).So its advisable that before you buy any GPU,you should do a bit of research and then decide which one is best suited for your requirements.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
AMD's new mantle api would need a meention here too..

mantle is new and young. it'll take at least a year or two for it to be completely utilized in games.

Both Nvidia and ATi are good-it all depends on your personal preference and how much money you're willing to spend on a GPU.ATi's low end and mid range gpus are usually a little more powerful than similar offerings from nvidia at the same price point-therefore one can say that ATI(now AMD radeon)offers slightly better value for money as far as their entry level gpus are concerned.However if you're willing to spend Rs 10k+ on a new graphics card then you may consider nvidia as they provide driver level support for PhysX,which comes in handy while running newer games which are compatible with this gimmicky feature.

And its not true that nvidia has always provided the most stable and reliable drivers for their products-in fact about a year ago,they released the 320.18 WHQL Display Driver which irreparably damaged many gpus as it was riddled with bugs and was highly unstable-in fact a thread was created on TDF about this very issue:

*www.digit.in/forum/graphic-cards/1...thing-after-320-18-edit-issues-now-fixed.html

However the drivers that were released after 320.18 didn't have such flaws and have not caused any major problems till date,so it can be said that as of now,nvidia drivers can be considered safe for use.I can't comment on the quality of ATI's drivers as I've never owned any of their products-however from what I've heard so far,it seems once in a while ATI too releases buggy drivers that causes a myriad of issues ranging from certain games not running at all to random BSODs on system etc (although such problems occur very rarely).So its advisable that before you buy any GPU,you should do a bit of research and then decide which one is best suited for your requirements.

AMD's GPU beat nVidia in VFM. nVidia on the other hand beats AMD in driver releases. AMD for the price it sells for is superb but nVidia's drivers are better. This doesn't mean AMD sucks or that it should be ignored.

On a side note, AMD has to focus on both CPU and GPU while its competitors only have to focus on either of one. And also AMD's profits are lower than that of nVidia and Intel.

- - - Updated - - -

What is your budget for your new computer?

op hasn't asked for a rig suggestion ;)

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
first fill the questionnaire befire starting a thread for pc buying advice, 2nd trust me go for nvidia option, its headache free............

Top Bottom