Best Onboard Graphix

Which one would u go 4 if u have 2 select onboard GFX(answer after reading)???

• Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIA

• ATi

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
Here comes the comparison of the sum of the best of onboard Graphix (IGP) :
1. Intel Graphix Media Accelerator 900 : Based on Intel extreme grahix engine n uses DVMT. this technology dynamically allocates according the need of system and returns it back when not reqd. its core is clocked 333 Mhz and has 2 Pixel shaders(PS) n sorry no vertex shaders(vertex calculation is given to processors). it is DX9.0b compliant n can allocate a max of 224Mb as VRam.

2. SiS Mirage 3: Based on totally new engine and has a core clocked at 400Mhz, 2 PS and 2VS R also there. Superb onboard graphix engine to be featured in new upcomin chipsets 4 INTEL AND AMD. Dx9.0b compliant and can take a max of 256 as Vram.

3. Via S5 Savage Pro: Again a revolution, VIA's onbaord GFX eng is clocked at 375Mhz and has been fabricated especially 4 its K8M890 and P8M890 chipsets. DX 9.0b compliant 2 PS and 1 VS.

4. ATI IGP 460: Based on 9600(non pro) version having same clock speed and 2PS and 2VS. DX9.0b compliant. will be featured in new chipstes 4 AMD 64 and Intel.

Geforce

Journeyman
There are no benchmarks available for some of them at the moment, but i will put my money on ATI IGP 460 as it has got 2PS and 2VS both in hardware.

At least it looks good on paper. I think the only competion it will face would be from nvidia's onboard solution.

veer

Broken In
ATI's upcoming chipsets for AMD & Intel look promising especially since they are based on the 9600XT core.

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
ATi r certainly the leader in 3D GFX chipsets but u should also consider other features like SATA ports, DUAL CHANNEL RAM, and ONBOARD audio (with SiS, Intel, VIA featuring HD audio where as ATi is said to have RealTek ALC850 chipset 4 onboard sound which is not a HD audio codec)

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
yeah Ati and SIS ones both are equal gfx department but sis does feature 8channel HD audio and will be 4 both 939 socket and LGA775 as well sporting support 4 1 GHz hypertransport and 1066Mhz FSB 4 amd and intel respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom