Best MOBO.... 4 My Computer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I have P4 2.4 Ghz. processor... 160 GB hard disk (40 GB+ 120 GB)...512 MB RAM.... a ROM n a Writer... a Geforce FX 5200 256 MB (AGP) graphics card. My Mothoerboard is Asus P4VP-MX....
I want to change my MOBO... coz it has a 4X AGP slot n my graphics card is 8X .... Plz tell me da name of a MOBO tat wil giv me satisfactory performance in this coniguration!!!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
First, I would like to mention that all AGP 8X graphics cards are 4X compatible, i.e. they will work at AGP 4X slots, but at reduced speeds. If at all you want to change your m/b without changing any other components, you can get the Intel original D865GBF.

jay4u

In the zone
digitized said:
First, I would like to mention that all AGP 8X graphics cards are 4X compatible, i.e. they will work at AGP 4X slots, but at reduced speeds. If at all you want to change your m/b without changing any other components, you can get the Intel original D865GBF.

This is not the very best but good enough to satisfy your needs.... Although i would love to see a sata II coompatibility with raid 0 support.... and yes the onboard graphics sucks big time......

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Visit *www.asus.com/products2.aspx?l1=3&l2=12 for more info on which chipset u want..There are many sis/via/in intel--845/865/915 ---there r a bunch of ATI chipsets also ..

eagle_y2j

Youngling
hey wats evry body view about this MSI mobo 875P Neo-FISR (PCB 2.0) can som1 review its merit and demerits

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
here is an interesting post abt this mobo
*www.ocforums.com/archive/index.php/t-317648.html
(and has review links too)

here is the conclusion from one of the reviews...

Conclusion
So, MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R proved a handy and functional mainboard. Its overclocking friendly features are definitely worth taking a look at, at least. Combined with a rich accessories set, good performance and rather low price (for an i875P based mainboard), MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R has every chance to become popular in the market.

The overall good impression about the mainboard is somewhat spoiled by the problems with the BIOS. If MSI solves them in the near future, we could talk about MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R as about something really exceptional, a great solution for stable and high-performance platforms with the new Pentium 4 CPUs supporting 800MHz bus.

Highs:

New Pentium 4 processors support;
Support of up to 10 hard disk drives (4 Serial ATA and 6 Parallel ATA);
Two integrated Serial ATA RAID controllers;
USB 2.0 and IEEE1394 support;
Gigabit Ethernet connected via CSA;
Rich accessories set;
Excellent CPU overclocking options;
Well-thought design and stylish exterior;
High stability.

Lows:

CoreCell technology requires a special utility;
Certain problems with the BIOS.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
hmm... is this board is having onboard graphics also

@Rollercoaster hi dude it seems frm ur public profile that u r frm Dehradun if so can u let me know price and avability of this board here at Dehradun
TIA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom