best antivirus in terms of low cpu processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
NOD32 is light on system resources and has a very good detection rate as well.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
@drvarunmehata: I don't believe in reviews made by websites becoz of much variations in reports of different websites. It is left to individuals to decide their best. This is the place to discuss and decide.
Moreover..the report you have posted doesnot consider the amount of system resources consumed in contrast this thread is highlighting in terms of min resources consumed.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The source for the rankings is a very reliable one. It isn't a random website doing reviews.

Anyways the point i'm trying to make is that what use is an AV software (no matter how light on the system) if it dosen't have a good detection rate?
Better to choose a software that actually has a good detection rate.

BitDefender has a very high rating and dosen't use up much more RAM than Avast either. I have used Avast for over a year and found it to be quite good, but only when I started using BitDefender did I realise that Avast dosen't catch all viruses.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
@drvarunmehta: Most of them wont go for a resource hug antivirus software. Light on system and also good in detection rates is the people's choice.
Who would install a big resource hug in their Home PC's which consume resources and turn a great configuration PC into a 19th century PC?? Then what is the use of all the money you are putting for that extra CPU speed and extra RAM?Just allow your antivirus software to eat it generously? That is what is happening to Norton. There is no doubt about its detection rates, but still most don't prefer it -just becoz it consumes a hell lot of system resouces. Infact first thing I have done after purchase of my lappie is uninstall it!
Most of us have dont have super computers so as to allow antivirus software to generously to eat a part of system resources and still keep running system fast. It may be good enough for corporate PC's but definetly no for home purpose.
avast! is becoming people's choice. Beautiful interface, light on system and good in detection rates.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
AVG is the lightest LOL .....It takes about 2MB memory ... LOL again...

But it is also the dumbest....and also has vey low detection rates... heheheh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom