1. Budget?
Under 20K. Within 15K preferable

2. Display type and size?
5-5.5inch. 5.2 preferable. Any display type

3. Dual sim?
Not mandatory

4. Preferred choice of brand?
WHICHEVER PROVIDES THE BEST AFTER-SALES WARRANTY AND SERVICE

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
8MP-13MP for back. any option for front facing camera

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
3G. 4G optional

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Music & camera only. No games

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Moto G4 Plus

10. Any other info that you want to share
My current Sony Xperia Z2 got repaired and I experienced a very bad customer care from sony service center. The mobile is bricked now and I will never go for sony again in my life. Previously I had HTC and had ditched it too because of the same reason.

Why are mobile service centers conditions are so pathetic in our country?
Why doesn't the Indian govt or the consumer law doesn't take any measures to take care of affected people?
Why mobile companies are having the mentality like 'sell somehow to the constomer and forget it' attitude?
Why are the showrooms are given so much important more than the service centers? (Only 1 person was handling the customers at the Sony service center in Tambaram,chennai where it receives repairs from all of the center and south Chennai areas combined!!)

No need to answer above questions. That is just venturing out my anger.

Please tell me which is the BEST after-sales service providing mobile company in india right now (2016).
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I bought Xperia Z2 for 44K in 2014 and before that HTC One X+ was bought for 33K. That's why I've decided not to buy costly mobiles anymore in my life. They are not trustworthy. They can't survive for longer periods. (Z2 lasted exactly 2 years, HTC lasted only 1.5 years).

OP
karthikn_jay

karthikn_jay

Broken In
Folks, I've decided to go with Moto G4 plus for now.

Some reasons,
1. Motorola seems to have some good service centers in chennai. So just going with my luck.
2. Has a decent camera (from sony) which can create good photos and videos.
3. Comes with vanilla Marshmallow OS. I don't like custom OS/mods/skins created by mobile companies. It may look good but will definitely slow things down after a few months of usage. So vanilla is better. Also there is Nougat update coming soon.
4. Has Full HD resolution. Has dual sim options too, which I may use in future. Has extendable memory card slot. bla bla. Good mobile in short.

It seems to available on online only that too exclusively on Amazon only.

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
If after sales service is the main feature you want, I would suggest Samsung On8 model

Minion

Conversation Architect
Folks, I've decided to go with Moto G4 plus for now.

Some reasons,
1. Motorola seems to have some good service centers in chennai. So just going with my luck.
2. Has a decent camera (from sony) which can create good photos and videos.
3. Comes with vanilla Marshmallow OS. I don't like custom OS/mods/skins created by mobile companies. It may look good but will definitely slow things down after a few months of usage. So vanilla is better. Also there is Nougat update coming soon.
4. Has Full HD resolution. Has dual sim options too, which I may use in future. Has extendable memory card slot. bla bla. Good mobile in short.

It seems to available on online only that too exclusively on Amazon only.

Moto has **** service they use 3rd party for service its called B2X I went there to change battery for my moto E they told me they can't do anything my friend with whom i went there asked if his moto G 2nd gen. charging pin can be fixed they simply said they can't do anything.

So Avoid Moto at any cost My suggestion get something cheap and don't give much priority to service all companies are providing crap service.I suggest you to use your phone carefully and protective backcover so you don't have to depend on service.

Moto G4 has heating issue and not so great processor.

OP
karthikn_jay

karthikn_jay

Broken In
Moto has **** service they use 3rd party for service its called B2X I went there to change battery for my moto E they told me they can't do anything my friend with whom i went there asked if his moto G 2nd gen. charging pin can be fixed they simply said they can't do anything.

So Avoid Moto at any cost My suggestion get something cheap and don't give much priority to service all companies are providing crap service.I suggest you to use your phone carefully and protective backcover so you don't have to depend on service.

Moto G4 has heating issue and not so great processor.
Agreed. I had also thought about some other cheap mobiles too. But I don't trust the Chinese companies with their weird OS mods. For branded mobiles under 15k, specs are bad and didn't worth the money. As Moto came on top when deciding all such factors, I went with it.

PS: Moto G4 plus is being manufactured in India at Chennai plant. Not sure where they install the OS, India or China

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
yeah, B2X in bangalore is really bad. Chennai one might be better. I understand why you are worrying about after sales service. Even when you use protective covers and all those things to save your mobile there are few things about which we can't do anything.

I went to rrepair Moto E2 two times within the warranty period. First time i got the mobile in 15days(phone was loosing network very often) and 2nd time i received in 4 days(speaker problem). We can't do anything but rely on Service centers in these cases. If it was Xiaomi I am sure it would have taken a whole month both the times. I can't ignore this fact. Also, I don't change mobile every year. in my last 10 yrs I have had only 3 mobiles(first one was stolen) so service center is very important factor to me at least.

Good choice OP, but sadly you won't be satisfied with your purchase as it is indeed a bad smartphone as said by Minion

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Agreed. I had also thought about some other cheap mobiles too. But I don't trust the Chinese companies with their weird OS mods. For branded mobiles under 15k, specs are bad and didn't worth the money. As Moto came on top when deciding all such factors, I went with it.

PS: Moto G4 plus is being manufactured in India at Chennai plant. Not sure where they install the OS, India or China

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wait! Moto is now owned by lenovo which is chinese.OS is probably installed in India.

Top Bottom