Best 24" LED Monitor under 15k

micky

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for a good 24" Monitor under Rs15000. My preference is Samsung or Dell. Are there any other good monitors under 15k.
I am buying mainly for Gaming & Watching HD Movies.
the Dell ST2420L seems OK but it hasn't got good reviews regarding Gaming. Any suggestions please

OP
M

micky

Thanks for the advice guys but Dell UltraSharp U2311H is not an LED but an IPS screen whose only advantage is wide angle view which is not much of an issue with me as I will be the only one in my house who will be using it at a time. Also it does not have a HDMI jack.

yES YES yes. Thats three people. Keep your options open but never close your doors on the the Dell U2311H. My review in my signature or click here Review: Dell U2311H Full HD 23" IPS Monitor - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

Dell UltraSharp U2311H is not an LED but an IPS screen whose only advantage is wide angle view which is not much of an issue with me as I will be the only one in my house who will be using it at a time. Also it does not have a HDMI jack. Will HDMI be required if all my movie data(even HD Movies) input come from the CPU.
PS:No need of audio for me as i have good speakers

Sarath

iDota
Well if you want LED then its right to drop the dell ips monitor.
The HDMI shouldn't bother you but it does take out convenience; the drop in quality when using HDMI-DVI convertors is something I have on idea on but am sceptical

For HD movies you can use either HDMI or DVI to output from the PC. For a TV HDMI is better as it has audio stream too. For monitor both are the same.

Dell UltraSharp U2311H is not an LED but an IPS screen whose only advantage is wide angle view which is not much of an issue with me as I will be the only one in my house who will be using it at a time. Also it does not have a HDMI jack. Will HDMI be required if all my movie data(even HD Movies) input come from the CPU.
PS:No need of audio for me as i have good speakers

Oh ya I keep forgetting that IPS has wider viewing angles. I concentrate too much on the colour gamut and contrast. I am sole user of this PC so I don't bother with viewing angles much.

I was recommending Dell for the better panel and picture quality.

jsjs

Journeyman
@micky
Led and ips are different things. Ips is a panel technology whereas led refers to LEDs used for backlighting.

OP
M

micky

Well if you want LED then its right to drop the dell ips monitor.
The HDMI shouldn't bother you but it does take out convenience; the drop in quality when using HDMI-DVI convertors is something I have on idea on but am sceptical

For HD movies you can use either HDMI or DVI to output from the PC. For a TV HDMI is better as it has audio stream too. For monitor both are the same.

Oh ya I keep forgetting that IPS has wider viewing angles. I concentrate too much on the colour gamut and contrast. I am sole user of this PC so I don't bother with viewing angles much.

I was recommending Dell for the better panel and picture quality.

Hey Sarath then which monitor shall I go for. Is HDMI really needed for PC.
What about Samsung LED LS24A300 or DellST2420L??

Top Bottom