Belkin N150 for Airtel

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Anyone in the forum using Router+Modem with Airtel: Belkin N150 for Airtel

I am planning to purchase Belkin N150 for sharing my Airtel Broadband connection. Can you tell me how is this router cum modem and if anyone is using it. I am getting it at a price of 2700...

is there anyone here who is using a modem cum router then pls suggest

Last edited:

khmadhu

change is constant!!
I am planning to purchase Belkin N150 for sharing my Airtel Broadband connection. Can you tell me how is this router cum modem and if anyone is using it. I am getting it at a price of 2700...

N150 dont have modem option.. its only n series wifi router. i bought it for 3k 8 months back.

its doing good.. so far no problems.. it has 5 year warranty!. the dual antenna gives maximum range.. 25 to 30 mtrs(indoor).

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^^ the one i saw had a ADSL modem written on the cover and also it has only one anteena..

This is the one I am talking about but the price I saw in the store was less

Belkin N Wireless Router | Buy Belkin Router | Belkin India

anyone for help

BUMP.......

khmadhu

change is constant!!
That model I have not seen.

Also these days u dont need a modem router. every ISP will provide modem by default.
so at that price u can go for dual antenna.. which increases the wifi range.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^ thanks for the suggestion.. but then it increases the power consumption since 2 units will be connected to the power supply. If I have a both the things in single unit I will only need one point for electricity.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@ajayashish these modems are like 0 candle bulbs, they consume very little power.
also if u buy modem+router it will draw almost same amount of energy as it would from from connecting a separate modem and router.
Also hardly u will notice some 10-15 Rs increase in u r electricity bill! :)

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
No gaming... just internet sharing and file sharing...

well i am still in favor of a single unit modem cum router... Can anyone suggest. I will be using it within my home which is a 1200 sq ft house...

I also searched Ebay and found this within my budget

eBay India: MTNL 4 Port Wireless ADSL Modem Cum Router (item 260759395581 end time 26-Apr-2011 19:27:56 IST)

Anyone.....

Top Bottom