Battery for S3

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
My S3 battery is almost dead, it last maximum 2 hours on continuous use so I need to buy a new one. Can someone please suggest from where to buy it(online).

Also, should I buy the genuine samsung battery which is 2100mAh or someother which has more battery backup?

eureka

Banned
This looks original, however ask the seller before thinking about purchasing, 100 Original Samsung Battery EB L1G6LLU FOR Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Warranty | eBay

And another one, which also as per seller is original, but doesn't come packed! 100 Original EB L1G6LLU 2100mAh Battery FOR Samsung Galaxy S 3 I9300 | eBay

I don't recommend the last one, but you can try your luck.

PS: Yes, you should always aim for genuine Samsung batteries on a Samsung phone. OEM batteries are shite.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
This looks original, however ask the seller before thinking about purchasing, 100 Original Samsung Battery EB L1G6LLU FOR Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Warranty | eBay

And another one, which also as per seller is original, but doesn't come packed! 100 Original EB L1G6LLU 2100mAh Battery FOR Samsung Galaxy S 3 I9300 | eBay

I don't recommend the last one, but you can try your luck.

PS: Yes, you should always aim for genuine Samsung batteries on a Samsung phone. OEM batteries are shite.

How is this: Amazon Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Battery EB-L1G6LLUCINU
Only issue with the above(amazon) is its model number is EB-L1G6LLUCINU whereas the actual model number is EB-L1G6LLU, so what does CINU stands here for?

And will I get 6 months warranty if i would buy from your first link or from amazon?

eureka

Banned
How is this: Amazon Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Battery EB-L1G6LLUCINU
Only issue with the above(amazon) is its model number is EB-L1G6LLUCINU whereas the actual model number is EB-L1G6LLU, so what does CINU stands here for?

And will I get 6 months warranty if i would buy from your first link or from amazon?
In Samsung's dictionary INU and INS both mean India. I have forgotten what's the difference between those two, but its nothing that important which will make that battery incompatible with your phone.

The link you provided seems very original to me, also the seller has good ratings, you can safely go on with that. Still, to be safe, send that seller a message asking about whether it will work or not on your phone, and say beforehand that you will return the product in case it doesn't work, that way you will be safe.

The links I provided, well the sellers do mention that they will provide six months warranty, so that's a good thing, but the Amazon seller doesn't mention anything about warranty, so I think buying from Ebay will be a safer bet here, and I can also assure you they will provide you a VAT paid invoice too. But same rule applies for Ebay sellers too, ask first, then buy. You can never be too safe with online purchasing :)

Best of luck.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
A few months ago, I bought a battery for my Galaxy Nexus on Ebay. There were cheaper batteries available, but I went for "VAT Paid Bill with Warranty" battery. It died in 2 months. It was not original.

I had also bought a battery for Galaxy S3 from a local shop... Lasted 6 months before it died... Literally the phone would turn off with battery at 50%. Piece of sh*t battery.

Finally, I got a new battery on Ebay... this time no OEM crap. MAXX mobiles makes batteries for many other phones, including S3. Got one for 450 including shipping from ebay... Top class battery. Galaxy S3 is my daily driver now, and no issues. I would recommend MAXX battery for your S3 as well...

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
A few months ago, I bought a battery for my Galaxy Nexus on Ebay. There were cheaper batteries available, but I went for "VAT Paid Bill with Warranty" battery. It died in 2 months. It was not original.

I had also bought a battery for Galaxy S3 from a local shop... Lasted 6 months before it died... Literally the phone would turn off with battery at 50%. Piece of sh*t battery.

Finally, I got a new battery on Ebay... this time no OEM crap. MAXX mobiles makes batteries for many other phones, including S3. Got one for 450 including shipping from ebay... Top class battery. Galaxy S3 is my daily driver now, and no issues. I would recommend MAXX battery for your S3 as well...

Did you tried to claim warranty for the battery you bought for galaxy nexus? And you said it was not original, was the seller (ebay) top-rated?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Did you tried to claim warranty for the battery you bought for galaxy nexus? And you said it was not original, was the seller (ebay) top-rated?

No, the seller was not a power seller. I could not claim warranty because the battery was lose, no packaging. Fake OEM battery. It worked fine for 2 months, then swelled up like a balloon. A lot of liars and cheats on ebay. I am sure the VAT paid bill was fake too... The seller didn't pay any VAT to the government over a fake battery.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
But the battery eureka suggested comes in a package and the seller looks genuine, would you still suggest for the maxx battery? I know you were lucky with the maxx battery but that may not be true in my case :/
Actually I haven't used maxx battery ever so I am sure about that.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
My S3 battery is almost dead, it last maximum 2 hours on continuous use so I need to buy a new one. Can someone please suggest from where to buy it(online).

Also, should I buy the genuine samsung battery which is 2100mAh or someother which has more battery backup?

I don't know about the S3 but in my S5 the NFC radio is embedded inside the battery.Same is the case with my friends Note 3 Neo.If thats the case with the S3 and if you buy a battery from a differnet vendor, you will lose the NFC capability

eureka

Banned
I will order it from eBay for 1.3k
Any eBay coupon available?

Almost always :D

HNYEBAY015

Do notice what the above user is saying though. I have never noticed this, as I never have used NFC, but if NFC is indeed built in to the battery then ask the seller before buying, in case you use it.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Since the model number of the battery is same, am sure it would have it. Anyway I don't use nfc, just uses once to try it out :p

Edit:This is an invalid eBay coupon. Please use a different coupon or proceed to payment. :/

eureka

Banned
Edit:This is an invalid eBay coupon. Please use a different coupon or proceed to payment. :/
Um, it works fine on my end.

[HIDE]*i.imgur.com/om8apXg.jpg[/HIDE]

But one thing, I notice that one of the link now showing the price at ₹2999! That's wondering! Please do ask the seller.

Darn, the hide code doesn't work here. How do you hide images then here?

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Don't know why its not working for me, and have already mailed that seller inquiring about sudden increase.

Also have mailed the first seller, since it is showing that "This listing has ended" so have asked if he'll list this item again or not.

eureka

Banned
Hm, maybe account specific then. Try these two too, EBAYHNY014 and EBAYHNY013, however the latter could be expired already.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Got reply from one of the seller, and he told me since the product is out of stock that's why he has increased the price to 3k so that no-one buys it :/
Have mailed him back asking whether it will be back in Stock soon or not.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Samsung EB-H1G6LLUGINU Battery Kit for Samsung Galaxy S III - Samsung : Flipkart.com
i dunno much about samsungs battery models etc but why not get this instead?wouldnt it be safer?

eureka

Banned
Got reply from one of the seller, and he told me since the product is out of stock that's why he has increased the price to 3k so that no-one buys it :/
Have mailed him back asking whether it will be back in Stock soon or not.
What a shoddy reason. He could simply have deleted the topic!

Anyway, do update here, whatever you purchase. Future reference points are important.

Top Bottom