Batman : Arkham Knight

gameranand

Living to Play
tats why current thumb rule is to get a powerful single card instead of 2 cheaper ones...
Except for this $hitty game I never faced much problem with other games. Yes I have to do some tweaking but after that all games runs like butter with all the AA that I want. And this game performs bad even on single card so NO. I am quite happy with my crossfire decision and setup. Next time I might buy a single powerful card but not because I am unhappy with Crossfire but because I want to experience single card setup as well. Just install and play, for now I have to experiment a little with CF settings for 15 mins or so before starting to play game.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Got the premium edition. Now dloding the 50gb monster.

Will post back benchies on my hardware once done.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Hmm..also write on game playable or not
Well I saw this video on YouTube dated late December and it seemed better than at launch. Also reading comments seemed to indicate that is is playable except a few crashes here and there. Frames looked more stable, max dips I saw were from 60 to 40 and this on AMD hardware on which the game was unplayable. Video OP also shared it works better on nvidia hardware.

amjath

Human Spambot
I completed the game on GTX 970. Crashed only one time. Was smooth.

I must say that Riddler is the true nemesis of Batman - the videogame player.

I never had a crash, but had fps drop [ahem version]

Devs used lots of brain power in developing Riddler.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I'll explain how the crash happened just for the lulz. Not a major spoiler. I was against Deathstroke's cobra tanks. Took out all his companions tanks. Only his main tank was remaining. I kept searching for his tank but he was nowhere to be found. He was there on the radar but i couldn't see him anywhere, not above, not below anywhere on the road. After a while the camera just zoomed in to me taking out Deathstroke. Found out the tank was below the ocean and he died due to the KillZ volume. Game crashed after a while.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Alright, played the game for some 6 hours now and here are my observations:

Cons:
Game is still a memory hog, eats up 3gb of vram and 4gb normal ram on normal setting. So game is pretty unstable on systems with 8gb RAM. I have seen crashes due to this.

I have 8gb ram and 4 gb vram and have had to play at 768p and low settings to keep RAM usage low. Will add another 8gb stick today and report back.

Pros:
Game is awesome fun.

No more fps dips that i have noticed.

Game looks good on low also.

Batmobile or rather the bat tank is awesome fun driving around.

Combat is more refined.

Gliding around the city is so much easier and less of a bother.

City is huge.

Enemies are tough.

All in all I think it's worth playing now!

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Been playing Arkham Knight for the last few days. Game is fun but the batmobile's involvement is a little too much. Irritating as ****.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Been playing Arkham Knight for the last few days. Game is fun but the batmobile's involvement is a little too much. Irritating as ****.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
I live it's involvement absolutely! Integrating puzzles with where you use the bat tank remotely - it's a fresh addition and I like it. Plus it now makes batman more badass than before!

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Sorry for delayed response.
17 2600K at stock
8 Gig Ram 1600MHZ
Zotac vanilla GTX 970 4 Gig
You didn't have problems due to ram. The game easily used 4.5gb RAM for me and became unstable on 8gb system RAM, total RAM usage shot up to 90% and often the game froze along with my laptop, had to hard restart. But everything is great on 16gb RAM.

Top Bottom