Bandwidth problem

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi all,

I m using in2net broadband 1Mbps UL plan since 2011.

but this month I m facing a weird problem.

I download 2hrs in the morning every weekday & I get around 100~120KBps speed
but in the evening till 12am the speed fluctuates a lot (hell lot)
it goes to 100~110KBps then goes to 5KBps~10Kbps~50KBps then 100KBps~20KBps

so it doesn't remain above 100KBps all the time.:-( which is annoying

whats is the problem.
is it from my end or the ISP end?

I contacted my cable guy he told that new switch are replaced & in force-mode it should be the problem from in2net main server (reason: no of users increased in my area thats y :lol:).

then today I contacted the ISP told them the above reason they said its not that problem.
then their technical guy told me to follow some steps on phone.

steps: 1) using DNS & alternate DNS address instead of automatic DNS
2) changing to 10mbps Half duplex or Auto in advanced settings of 'speed&duplex'

but do u think that will solve the problem? :-(

Last edited:

shashankm

I reign hell..
Nope. the speed depends on the number of nodes free at the terminal. fluctuation is normal if it happens once in a while, or in case of few torrents their peering network IP keeps bouncing from a place to another but in a loop to avoid the traceback.
As far as steps you've mentioned, are concerned, I don't think they're going to render any effect on the speed. I rather use automatic DNS on MTNL than manual DNS. Try flushing your DNS or check for noise issues or any other issue in your telephone, if there is, get it rectified, speed should be flawless, MTNL is quite good with promised speeds.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Nope. the speed depends on the number of nodes free at the terminal. fluctuation is normal if it happens once in a while, or in case of few torrents their peering network IP keeps bouncing from a place to another but in a loop to avoid the traceback.
As far as steps you've mentioned, are concerned, I don't think they're going to render any effect on the speed. I rather use automatic DNS on MTNL than manual DNS. Try flushing your DNS or check for noise issues or any other issue in your telephone, if there is, get it rectified, speed should be flawless, MTNL is quite good with promised speeds.

I m not using MTNL Broadband.. :|

I will try flushing the DNS

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Bump....

The Cable guy told me that installing a switch near to my house will solve the problem of low speed...do u agree on this?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
switch is just a dummy box. share just the connection points to the network. :S , it doesn't have any routing information

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Switches are relatively dumb boxes working with frames but intelligent than hubs.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^so it doesn't control or solve the speed issue

one more thing is when I ping the DNS IP address..it gives request timeout
like this

Request Timed out
Request Timed out
Request Timed out
Reply from ....
Reply from ....
Request Timed out
Request Timed out

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
one more thing is when I ping the DNS IP address..it gives request timeout
like this

Request Timed out
Request Timed out
Request Timed out
Reply from ....
Reply from ....
Request Timed out
Request Timed out

Perhaps your line has lot more noise. Get that corrected first. It's a server side problem.

Top Bottom