Ballmer Repeats Threats Against Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Steve Ballmer has reissued Microsoft's patent threat against Linux, warning open-source vendors that they must respect his company's intellectual property.
In a no-nonsense presentation to New York financial analysts last week, Microsoft's chief executive said the company's partnership with Novell, which it signed in November 2006, "demonstrated clearly the value of intellectual property, even in the open-source world."
read:
*www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa...ts_against_Linux/0,130061733,339273726,00.htm

this is the umpteenth reason why M$ sux:mad:
Software patents are non existent...who cares..no one dare...unless he is microsoft fan:(

praka123

left this forum longback
^^ thats not really a good joke.try knowing about Free Software,Open SOurce and why NO software Patents...try to get a answer afterwards:
*www.fsf.org/
*www.gnu.org/
*www.nosoftwarepatents.com/
*whylinuxisbetter.net
will be greatful if you read btw the lines :)

shantanu

Technomancer
i know OSS rocks but was just joking ...

i read a lot about OSS as i dont have any work to do for three months i am on bED with my legs fractured... :D:D:D
but this is my work to keep a favour for my company.. means where i work..

but i know this i read a long time back a article in DIGIT a LONG LONG time back that Microsft said "" LInux is ILLEGAL''"" i know thats rubbish....

SO PLZ DONT MIND... i was just joking

T

thunderbird.117

kumarmohit said:
Microsoft Threat 2.0 Professional, Special Steve Ballmer Quoted Edition.:))
lool. Is it a freeware or should i spend lot of $$ to buy that version.

Vyasram

The pWnster
this guy is so insane and boring that no news about him must be reported here again and in any forum or atleast put those stuff abt this guy in Bandwidth Wastage sections. He aint that important.

Ballmer - The monkey which shall not be mentioned again

OP
freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Mr.M$ Ballmer?...

"A new campaign, Showusthecode.com, requests every leader in the Linux world, and companies invested in Linux, to stand up and demand that Steve Ballmer show the world where Linux violates Microsoft's intellectual property. He has been making these claims since the Novell-Microsoft deal. If Microsoft answers this challenge — by May 1st — then Linux developers will be able to modify the code so that it remains 'free' software. If such infringing code doesn't exist, we will have called Microsoft's bluff. And if the campaign garners enough attention and if Steve Ballmer maintains silence, then the community and companies behind Linux can take the silence for the admission that it is."
source:
*yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/02/25/009222.shtml
read more:
*showusthecode.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom