Backup to google drive from a failed drive?

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Hi,

My 1TB seagate portable HDD had failed recently with almost 90% of data in it.. :(

I'm able to see the files on EaseUS data recovery & the files are duplicated as expected .. one file with the filename, another without the filename, etc..

As a result, there is about 3 TB of data recovered and it is impossible for me to individually select only the non-duplicates.. Hence I had purchased 2 TB of google drive space..

Now unfortunately though, the recovery software only allows the recovered data to be written to another hard drive, which is a challenge for me since I do not have any such storage space available in any of my internal / external drives.. :(

Please can I get suggestions on how to go about this recovery as the google drive space purchased would expire shortly.. (the expectation is that I need to directly recover the files onto Google Drive)

Edit: I have already tried downloading the 'google drive for windows' software and it does not work. Looks like this virtual drive will show only the free space as available on the local drive and not the actual 2TB cloud storage in itself.. (confirmed with Google support as well)

Thanks !

Top Bottom