Back up games

sam.dg

Broken In
My DVD Rom died long back, but is it possible to create an ISO image (using a different computer) of a newly bought game (physical disc) - then transfer it to my PC, mount it in a virtual drive and play the game as original?
Or, is it mandatory to have the physical disc and drive?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
While I am not sure of this, I believe its quite legal to play with a game with a copy of the ISO (if the game supports it) as long as you have legally purchased the game.
The same should hold true if you get the copy of the ISO from a friend but have a original key.

OP
sam.dg

sam.dg

Broken In
Thanks for the info.
But, if it still requires the physical media and I use a crack to bypass the disc-check - will it count as illegal? :-?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
download daemon tools lite
it will put two "virtual" disc drives i.e your computer thinks those virtual drives are real disc drives and everything mounted in them is A real CD/DVD
And DO NOT use the term "crack" in this forum.its against forum rules
for older standard put cd-key during installation-->play games this will work 100% and its legal too(considering the vague IT laws of this godforsaken country)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
No, sam, you are not doing any wrong AFAIK. And if that may be any relief, there are a lot of people like you with legal copies of software but running 'ahem' versions of it. Its wrong only when you dont have a rightfully, legally obtained copy of the software.

Top Bottom