BA(AVFX) by IGNOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Yay!!!! Atlast. I was in a bloody mess with institutes providing diploma's and not good colleges providing degress for animation. so yay!. Atlast a degree in animation. The best part is you get to study at home. Happy is me. :D It is MAAC+IGNOU collaboration.

*www.maacindia.com/Courses.aspx

Anyone applying? I am doing foundation course in arts + this course or maybe BCA + this course.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
IGNOU is doing gr8, but there is till so much to do. they can become a sucessfull online university.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Yay!!!! Atlast. I was in a bloody mess with institutes providing diploma's and not good colleges providing degress for animation. so yay!. Atlast a degree in animation. The best part is you get to study at home. Happy is me. :D It is MAAC+IGNOU collaboration.

*www.maacindia.com/Courses.aspx

Anyone applying? I am doing foundation course in arts + this course or maybe BCA + this course.

Dont get too excited.Its IGNOU and MAAC afterall.Expect 6 semesters of theory and few practical sessions here and there at MAAC.3D and VFX is all about practicing hard.And the main idea behind this collaboration was to get as many students as they can for MAAC.Becoz when you will attend your practical classes at MAAC they will encourage you to join MAAC and their 1.5-2.5 lacs courses lol.And their objective will be complete.

Its better for you to get a degree in Fine Arts and learn some drawing.This IGNOU degree is all about 6 semesters and their theoritcal exams.And you can join MAAC/frameboxx/Arena too apart from that.But dont do so many things like BCA,Fine Arts,MAAC and BA(vfx) at the same time.Once you get into this field you will be begging for more time to learn stuff.Becoz there is so much to learn and competition is tough.So dont waste your time in doing BCA.

And dont tell me you need IGNOU's degree to find a job.People without graduation are finding jobs in this field.Its all about your creativity.Dont depend too much on these institutes.Internet is your best institute.Spend 2-3 years of your life learning stuff without even thinking about a job.You are just 17-18.Then make your demoreel or showreel.That will be your portfolio for companies.They dont look at degrees.They look at creativity, knowledge and your work.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

check these- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103426

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104925

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@gaurav - I wasn't interested in degree. I mean I was when I read it. Posted it in over excitment. Read it all over that its the demo reel only. Why I want to join it because, if I go bglore or pune I would be doing foundation course for the first 2 years and no computers at all. So basically, I wanted to join an animation course and get diploma in 2 years with foundation course from a college and then go to UK or US and study for 1 year and complete my degree.

If I don't do together, I will have to go like foundation course - 2 years + 2 years for degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom