[Praise] Awesome service from Google Play Store

masterkd

Padawan
I just had to RMA my Nexus 5 as the GPS was almost not working. Also the phone was getting sudden hang sometimes and I had to force restart it.

Dec 21, 2013: Called Google Play Store support with my issue. Received a mail with factory reset solution.

Dec 22, 2013: Did a factory reset. Observing the result.

Dec 24, 2013: GPS is still the same. Replied to the mail with my concern.

Dec 25, 2013: Received a mail that they will replace my device. They have already arranged a pickup with Bluedart. Unfortunately I am out of my city, so I had to postpone the RMA process till I return.

Jan 7, 2014: Informed Play Store that I am ready to initiate the process.

Jan 9, 2014: Bluedart contacted me for pickup and fixed Jan 10th for the pickup date.

I needed packing from Bluedart as I had nothing for package. Informing Bluedart the same, they first refused to do any packing. Later they said they will pack it with a bubble wrap and a plastic cover and that will cost me Rs. 200. :shock: Fortunately my friend helped me and it was done with Rs. 25 in a local shop.​

Jan 13, 2014: Received a brand new device. :-o This was really fast. Didn't expect to receive it so soon.

Really happy with Play Store service. They called me around 10 times various phases of the process to give me a total hassle free service. I hope all the providers can match the same.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
By the way mate what exactly was the problem with your N5 GPS??

Positioning was really (read: REALLY) slow. My position updated in the map like 3-5 mins (sometimes more than that) after I cross the place. Moreover sometimes my position is like 1 KM away. One time it positioned me right in the middle of the railway tracks.

$hadow

Geek in making
Positioning was really (read: REALLY) slow. My position updated in the map like 3-5 mins (sometimes more than that) after I cross the place. Moreover sometimes my position is like 1 KM away. One time it positioned me right in the middle of the railway tracks.

Nah mine is working fine as of now but thanks for sharing.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Nah mine is working fine as of now but thanks for sharing.

Yah, it works fine for me in the new replaced device (312K :D) as well. Moreover it seems the speaker grills are bigger in this one and speaker volume is also good enough. Really great service from Google.

Top Bottom