Auxus AX03G or Micromax A100... at ~10 k

vishal12

Broken In
Budget = max 10k.

I basically need a tablet to read ebooks, pdfs, work on ppt presentations and some word docs... so a big screen, ~7" max.
I need a tab that doesn't lag/hang .. good build quality, durable, reliable.

I came across Micromax A100, and Auxus AX03G.. i like the specs of Auxus AX03g more .. but A100 looks cool. I tend to use it for atleast 2yrs.

Please help me select one.. or suggest me the best alternative.

Thank you.

OP
V

vishal12

Broken In
eBay Feedback Profile for iberry_estore
According to this iberrerry has 92.45% positive feedback..

I didnt get any reviews of karbonn smart tab 2 :| .. if there is... plzz send me the link

techlover

In the zone
Budget = max 10k.

I basically need a tablet to read ebooks, pdfs, work on ppt presentations and some word docs... so a big screen, ~7" max.

I came across Micromax A100, and Auxus AX03G.. i like the specs of Auxus AX03g more .. but A100 looks cool. I tend to use it for atleast 2yrs.

Thank you.

the iberry tablet hasnt recieved good reviews :( ...funbook is good if u want 10.1inch tablet :)

also checkout Zync 999 plus , Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2

hawx

Broken In
Budget = max 10k.

Thank you.

well to start,decide whether u need a phone or tablet,cos A100 is a phone where as auxus 03g is tablet with phone functionality.
i recieved my auxus 03g tablet on 3rd august 2012,so to help it out i'll post a small review about it. Before buying other tablet i checked one thing that company those that are making tablet with phone feature are providing it for a price higher than 12k or sumthing,so i bought my auxus for 9990 as i got prbooking offer discount of 1000 bucks.
now the review
First the build quality of auxus is sturdy and good the overall feel is good and no creaking noises or flimsy plastics used anywhere.

1.Screen
The screen is capacitive 7 inch(800x480)wvga and quite responsive to touches and no false responses anywhere,it provides u with precise feedback,typing is a bliss on it. contrast ratio is little lagging cos in well lit areas the contrast lacks a bit behind but in dark it is quite acceptable.Watchi full hd muv is a pleasure.Also sometimes color tend to saturate but it is minor.the only prblm is glare cos on the screen due to light but its a minor issue and doesnt affects it much.Viewing angle are though nt very good.Overall screen performance is good.

2.Hardware
Next comes the processor,it is 1ghz arm a7 coupled it with 1gb ddr3 ram and this tab can handle any multitaskin or processor intensive task easily.So no worries over there.Playing shadow gun a proper console quality 3d game on it was quite fun,no lags and the graphics were good becos of the Dual mali400 gpu that handles all the graphics work,so having fun on this tab no issues.
the wifi provide is b/g and it also does it works properly,no issues on connetion like connection drop,u switch it on scan networks find one connect and ur ready to browse.
then there's bluetooth v2.0 which also works neatly.also u can access ur internet frm pc via bluetooth and wifi,also wifi teethering i s possible.
it has though a micro usb port,i was expection standard usb port would hav done a better job but alas u cant cram everythin on such a small place,though it does the job,a standard micro to standard usb converter is provided which can detect pendrives on it and also detects 500 gb of hard drive but only when tab s connected to charger cos it drwas power frm drive,i have tested it with a seagate 160 gb drive and it worked well. though it takes some time to copy data to and fro frm devices but acceptable speed.
the tab comes with onboard 8gb of memory and external micro sd slot is provided for further expansion. the tab comes with 16 gb memory card. one thing other tab at this price point do not provide 8gb on board memory,they giv 4 gb.
so hardware wise the configuration is good and satisfying at this price point.

3.phone
the tab comes with 3g sim slot so u can access 3g via it,also 2g network is supported via edge and gprs. Reception of signal in clear areas has no issues,only in areas like basements of building,elevators does the signal quality drop a bit. voice call quality is normal,though the earphone sound is low,so u hav to connect headphones in noisy areas otherwise u wont be able to hear a thing. and one more thing during a ongoing call if connect headphones the call gets disconnected,its a bug i think they will rectify it in nex update.also ur not able to check ur balance on the tab cos it does not show operator sent messages,it shows them some random garbage numbers,again dis issue hope will be rectified in nex update.

4.multimedia
the tab comes with a front facing vga camera for video calls and a rear one a 2 mega pixel,its image quality is decent and satisfactory,hell u dont use ur tab for photography but the cam does its job well...
multimedia experience is good full 1080p or full hd videos played without any lag and u can watch this on ur lcd via the onboard mini hdmi out,but u gonna need a mini hdmi to standard hdmi converter for that.
one more thing the tab comes with a video player that can convert ur normal media to 3d so that u can watch it on 3d enabled lcd tv or on tab itself an added plus point.:-D :shock:
the device comes with preloaded office for ur office and word related needs,though i recommend downloadin new version of office for full office suite capability like preparing and editing presentation...

5.battery backup

the tab comes with a 4000 mah battery,which is only negative thing abt it,on full charge with phone enabled the device will last u for 5 hours on mix usage of net,phone and device itself,witout phone enabled can go upto 7-9 hours depending on usage,i recommend connecting it to main power supply wen ever possible.

6.internet

the internet experience was quite good,the tab supports adobe flash 11.1 and hence playing you tube video was piece of cake.the default browser is good for ur internet need,but i recommend u dwnld opera or chrome or firefox which provide u with more advance feature than stock one. u can browse the net in either full desktop mode or tablet mode its upto u and ur bandwidth:-D

now with some minor issues.
the tab tends to heat up a little bit under heavy usage which u can feel.
the tab tab takes some time to respond when copying files frm tab to other device or vice versa
also it does not comes with headphone so u need to buy one.
no a2dp support for bluetooth.
also once or twice the tab has hanged while using chrome,but i think the issue is due to chrome and not bcos of tab...

my final verdict is that i'm, satisfied with overall performance and price of the device.also no issue against service cos their service is quite good,the call center as well as the email support replies u back immediately. if ur facing any issues with tab they will collect the tab frm ur place and will return u aftr replacing or repairin it free of cost only conditon is dat ur area must come under their pick up and drop faciltiy.
if u dont awnt phone facility den go wit either auxus 02 or some other device for that price point. but keep in mind always see wat are u gettin for the price ur payin...:cool:
hope this review will help u. now its upto u to decide...:):cool::wink:

Top Bottom