Status
Not open for further replies.

lokesh_45

Right off the assembly line
hi,

I am using windows xp. when i select the drive and right click with mouse it will show autoplay, open etc. so the drive is not opened on double click. please help me on this.........

thank u.......

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Umm, which drive are you talking about? A DVD/CD drive? Or a Hard Disk Partition? Because if it's the latter, you might have a virus.

If it's about a DVD/CD drive, here's how to disable autorun altogether on Windows XP:-
1>Go to Start>Run> type in "gpedit.msc" without the quotes and press enter.
2>Expand Administrative templates by clicking on the little plus/arrow next to it.
3>In the bunch of folders that dropped down, find out "System" and click on it.
4>In the right side pane, find out the entry called Turn off Autoplay and double click it.
5>Check the "Enabled" radio button. Select "All drives" from the drop down list below the radio button. Click on OK.
6>Reboot the PC.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Show hidden files and folder from folder option.
Delete autorun.inf and recycler from all Drives. Reboot.
Do it in safe mode.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^^^ Using gpedit or ny either of thos s/w you can prevent ny drives from autoplaying.....

If u want to keep autorun on some of the drives and off for other drives using TweakUI or Tuneup is recommendable. There you can choose particular drives from getting autoruned.......

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
You're infected with Autorun.inf kind virus, use Noob Killer and do an X-8 Kill all to get healed, search in google for the software...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom