Automatix: Good News for Ubuntu Breezy Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Automatix is a graphical interface for installation of a lot of apps on Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu BREEZY (DOES NOT WORK ON Warty, Hoary or Dapper) and for tweaking a few things to get your Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu box up and working in full throttle in the quickest possible timespan.

*www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=114251
*www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=66563

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Cos dapper drake's final release still isn't officially available. So, I guess it won't be yet available there.

mehulved

We should recommend it to newbies will make installation of essential softwares a snap for them.

mehulved

There's a problem here. How do you know which programs have completed installation. You can keep on reinstalling the same versions of applications without knowing that they have been installed as there's no sign of what is installed and what isn't. It still needs some work.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
tech_your_future said:
There's a problem here. How do you know which programs have completed installation. You can keep on reinstalling the same versions of applications without knowing that they have been installed as there's no sign of what is installed and what isn't. It still needs some work.

Howto remember which options In Automatix u have already checked in the past : Open terminal and type

Code:
cat $HOME/automatix.log

*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=66563

hope that helps :)

mehulved

Thanks technofunky
Well that's fine but what about someone who's new to linux. This will be more helpful to them and not to someone who's used to linux. I can very well do with apt-get and when needed synaptic. But, it would be good if in the future version they can show the chnges there itself. Also, it fails to install mplayer. I had to use apt-get to do it. So, still some changes are needed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom