Audio problem on laptop.

diwakarchopra

Right off the assembly line
Um guys i really didn't know where to post this, so i posted this on the General Hardware page of the forum.

I have an Alienware M14X R1, which has 3 audio ports on its left side - microphone and 2x audio out jacks.

When i try to plug in two different earphones/headphones to the audio out jacks, like while watching a movie with friend etc, only one of them works.
I went through the setting in the control panel, and found out that the audio out jacks work independently, and i will have to select one of them to provide output audio, like if i use one of the jacks, i cant use the other one, even if i want to play the same audio through both of them.

this actually defeats the purpose of having two audio output jacks, as whats the point of having two of them if you can only use one at a time?
please help me on this, if you have any software or tweak which can solve this issue, please help me.

thanks in advance!

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
ya that is only due to a lack of software. U could install a realtek audio software. It will work. It was even capable of transmitting audio through the microphone on my PC.

mang

Broken In
I don't think your method will works because the audio port will not support two headphone/speaker at a time streaming the same audio source.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Software/driver problem.
Uninstall the present driver and reinstall the latest driver which can be downloaded from their site.

mynk

Broken In
i have purchased hp dv6 7012tx i5,it has beats audio system...the audio is awesome:wink: but i have noticed as i increase the sound while playing audio to full, the volume suddenly faints itself after few sec of playing ,while the volume is full...I cant understand the prblm ,is that with the sys speaker hardware or the noise reduction thing work...but i have tried by playing the songs in thin the default setting bt the same problem persists..

i have noticed this thing and tried tht by playing songs of diff genre but the thing remain same...:(

plz...help me out
whether i should take it to hp care or its alright...

Top Bottom