Audio driver keeps getting corrupted

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I am using Asus Vivobook 14 with Windows 10 May 2020 update.

Two days back my laptop's audio stopped working. I was convinced that it was not a hardware issue. I tried reinstalling the drivers, disabling and enabling the audio service, etc. But nothing worked. Finally I did a system restore and that got the audio working again. However, by the end of the day the problem had recurred.
I again did a system restore, which fixed the problem, only for it to recur 12 hours later.

Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter, it shows the following error (not showing now):
*appuals.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/21-7.png

Can anyone help me with this issue? I am not able to locate the source of the problem.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think some update is messing up with either audio driver or service. next time you restore don't auto update the OS.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Not auto-updating Windows is no longer an option, there's no way to disable it. And I don't want to disable it either.

For now, downloading and installing Realtek Audio driver seems to have fixed the problem. Will know in a day or two if it's permanent or temporary.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not auto-updating Windows is no longer an option, there's no way to disable it. And I don't want to disable it either.

For now, downloading and installing Realtek Audio driver seems to have fixed the problem. Will know in a day or two if it's permanent or temporary.

You were using windows default system driver before ? If that is the case then newer windows update and audio driver compatibilty shall be fixed by chip makers official driver ie realtek here. Hope the issue won't come back any more.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Use this tool:
*www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
You were using windows default system driver before ? If that is the case then newer windows update and audio driver compatibilty shall be fixed by chip makers official driver ie realtek here. Hope the issue won't come back any more.
Yeah, it did. 10 days now, the problem hasn't recurred.

Top Bottom