AtiHD4850 vs Nvidia 9800GTX+

Given an option,which of the following cards will you buy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ i'm selling off the card to a local guy.he's too happy to get that card 4 10k.now i'm thinking i sud hav told him 12k in the 1st place.:(

imgame2

Padawan
Well Intel's concept hasnt been really convincing to game developers. Intel are optimising their hardware for raytracing whereas the developers are stuck at rasterisation. Developers think that the future lies in usage of raytracing and rasterization both but Intel wants to do away with rasterization altogether. So, unless Intel goes the developers way; we wont be able to see any titles for Intel soon. And in preliminary stages; price/performance ration will be pathetic. :!:

Man! thats a really great deal. 10 k? Not to crap it all but; who's giving you that? :lol:
Anyways go for HD4870 1GB variant..

ray tracing gives very realistic results

look at some of these pics here

pic 1 - *radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/gallery/image/61n4.jpg
pic 2 - *radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/gallery/image/MeetingRoom.jpg
pic 3 - *radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/gallery/image/MeetingPlace.jpg
pic 4 - *upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Glasses_800_edit.png
pic 5 - *blogs.intel.com/research/teas_edited-1.jpg

so far raytracing required very complex computations ..but larrabee due to fast throughput can deliver the results.

about intel being all about raytracing is proved wrong

read here - *www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9016&Itemid=1

so intel will support both raytracing and rasterisation ...cos intel knows thats the way to go....regarding price/performance ratio we can't predict anything till v get to know the price and performance.

and HD4870 1Gb model will cost 1~1.5k more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom