ATI Radeon graphics card problem--computer won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Vegas

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone...I tried contacting Asus' customer support about this problem, but, well, so far their customer support has been...sub-par. I hope maybe someone here can help me out.

I just bought a new Asus ATI Radeon EAX1950Pro graphics card, and my computer does not start when I have the card installed. The system turns on for about ten seconds or so, nothing appears on the screen, then it shuts off for a few seconds, then does the same thing over again. I upgraded to a 600W power supply thinking that this was the problem, but it still does not work. Everything works just fine when I install my old graphics card. Any ideas?

1.25GB RAM
3.0GHz Pentium 4
600W Cooler Master power supply
Windows XP

gannu_rox

In the zone
Plug this card in ur friends PC n check it out...

IF its a new one n u've already made the necesary BIOS settings, it shud run fine...

Else contact the ppl frm whom u've bot the stuff....

OP
J

Johnny_Vegas

Right off the assembly line
Yeah, I'm going to be out of town for about a day, but when I get back I will surely try the card out in a different PC.

BTW, this is my motherboard model: Dell model 0RD203, Intel chipset i945G/GZ

CadCrazy

in search of myself
This may also be a driver problem. My friend recently bought ASUS M2A mobo which has Onboard ATI graphics.Computer display became black after 15-20 minutes but after he uninstalled the ATI driver everything became fine. He tried the latest driver (catalyst 7.4) but the problem still persists. So ATI yet to come with a stable driver for M2A mobo.

assasin

Banned
jugnu_009 said:
This may also be a driver problem.

not a chance cuz his pc is not booting with the card.the drivers for any device only comes into play once the pc has booted.

it cud be that either the card is faulty or the mobo pci-e slot is at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom