ATI R520 Specs leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

On neowin.net specs for ATI R520, the next card based on Shader model 3.0 are out, well, these are not official & tottly rumared, maybe true, but good enough to drool

*www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=284495

Remember, the ATI R500 is in XBOX 2, so this will be much like the GPU in XBOX 2

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
gxsaurav said:
but good enough to drool

when did u ditch nvidia 4 ATi???? :lol:

jokes apart, i would rather wait 4 an official announcement frm ATi...it looks pretty good on paper but ATi need 2 deliver and make sure they have enough quantities in the market unlike the X850....

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Wow.
But I can't help smiling. Such rumours are often the result of intentional "accidental" leaks from the manufacturers. They are meant to build up anticipation until potential buyers are frothing at the mouth before the specs are even finalized. IOW, an advance marketing ploy. GPU manufacturers are notorious for this kind of tactics.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Nemesis said:
gxsaurav said:
but good enough to drool

when did u ditch nvidia 4 ATi???? :lol:

jokes apart, i would rather wait 4 an official announcement frm ATi...it looks pretty good on paper but ATi need 2 deliver and make sure they have enough quantities in the market unlike the X850....

Err.. ........neme u must mean the x800 right .............cuz that chip had issues with the yield not the x850 i believe. Those are shipping in numbers. Right now would love to see a X800XL on indian shores.................

Quote from Neowin:
24 "Pipelines"
32 Texture Units
96 Arithmetic Logic Units (ALU)
192 Shader Operations per Cycle
700MHz Core
134.4 Billion Shader Operations per Second (at 700MHz)
256-bit 512MB 1.8GHz GDDR3 Memory
57.6 GB/sec Bandwidth (at 1.8GHz)
300-350 Million Transistors
90nm Manufacturing
Shader Model 3.0
ATI HyperMemory
ATI Multi Rendering Technology (AMR)
Launch: Q2 2005
Performance: Over 3x Radeon X800 XT !!! (for single R520)
16x stochastic FSAA
FP32 blending, texturing
Programmable Primitive Processor/Tesselator

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
no i meant the X850...they had a lot of issues with that chip and a few others (variations of X800) that they had released along with the X850....dunno if they fixed the problem though...till a few weeks back, it was nearly impossible 2 get an X850...even if it is now shipping in numbers, it doesnt do ATi any good coz the launch was riddled with problems.....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Nemesis said:
no i meant the X850...they had a lot of issues with that chip and a few others (variations of X800) that they had released along with the X850....dunno if they fixed the problem though...till a few weeks back, it was nearly impossible 2 get an X850...even if it is now shipping in numbers, it doesnt do ATi any good coz the launch was riddled with problems.....

Dunno abt the issues ...........but unlike the x800 the x850 was shipping in volumes. LOL ! Even hardocp had something good to say about the x850.
*theinquirer.net/?article=21186
*theinquirer.net/?article=20993

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well thats good 2 know dude...coz anandtech had blasted ATi 4 not being able 2 ship out their high end cards in large enough numbers...whatever the case might have been, if they r shipping in numbers now, thats good news 4 ATi and fanATics :wink:

Sourabh

Laptoping
thts good news but the prices of these wod be sky high and out of reach still for 6 months or so

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Sourabh said:
thts good news but the prices of these wod be sky high and out of reach still for 6 months or so

Well ATi nor nvidia wud be in a mood to reduce prices on the premium cards like the 6800Ultra and the X850 XT PE. Those are meant for ppl with bottomless pockets ! So hard luck there. Ofcourse u cud have the $300 x800xl which is decently priced. 8)

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Re: Nvidia...where are u>?!?!?!

fnatic@play said:
OMG.. thats some serious specs...Where is NV???

Well Nv is falling back on its SLI to work against the r520/500. They have canned their nv50 for now, but Nvidia cud have something being worked out secretly.

OP
G

gxsaurav

who told U that NV50 has been canned, if U R riffering to the inquirer news, then forget that rumer, NV550 is alive,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom