Not open for further replies.

contactram

Broken In
I have a PC with the foll config
intel 945gnt
p4 ht 3.0 ghz
2 gb ddr2 533mhz

i am a casual gamer and want to play games like aoe3, gta san andreas etc
i was thinking of getting an nvidia card and my system assembler says ati is better
the buget is flexible and i am willing to pay more if its worth it
the most important thing is i dont want my pc bottlenecking my graphics card or the other way round
i have my pc on most of the day and i dont want my gpu to overheat
i am not planning on upgrading the rest of my pc in the near future (say 2-3 years)

i am open to suggestions

Kniwor

Learner
I presume it has a PCI-E slot, in which case the best option for you would be 7600GT, about 9k, excellent value for money.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It depends on the budget. Get the 7600GT minimum for 9k. If you can spend a little more get the X1800GTO for 1k more. If you can spend upto 14k then the X1950Pro will be the best choice.

OP
C

contactram

Broken In
thank you guys for the input. Dont want to wait or spend too much. so i guess i'll get the 7600 gt. is xfx any good? i live in chennai. is delta computers a reasonable price guide?

soham

In the zone
I dont think 7600gt would last 2-3 years. Since you said you can strecth your budget better opt for a 7900 GS which would cost around 13k.

Kniwor

Learner
soham said:
I dont think 7600gt would last 2-3 years. Since you said you can strecth your budget better opt for a 7900 GS which would cost around 13k.
not 3, but 2 years, yes a 7600GT will last, it's overclockability provides flexibility.

gmanog

Journeyman
contactram said:
thank you guys for the input. Dont want to wait or spend too much. so i guess i'll get the 7600 gt. is xfx any good? i live in chennai. is delta computers a reasonable price guide?

I also live in chennai. Delta Computers are selling in reasonable price. I bought lot of times from them. But you have to stand in the shop for a looooong time to get you things, like in a good old grocery shop.

soham

In the zone
Kniwor said:
not 3, but 2 years, yes a 7600GT will last, it's overclockability provides flexibility.

i dont think so, atleast if you try to run every game. newer generation DX 10 games will require more powerful graphics card ; games like crysis , X-simulator and so on. These card slug when NFS carbon is played at higher resolutions with AA, AF on.

G

gxsaurav

get a 7300GT insted, it's good enough to play the games u said u want to play. or a 7600GS, getting a 7600GT now is useless, when in march we are gonna have DX10 based graphics cards by both ATI & Nvidia in mid-range section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom