ATI DH MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishaan

Padawan
hi

i got a laptop with the ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 gfx card.

now i needed to update them in order to play quake 4 (thanks to theraven for the suggestion) and i downloaded the latest version of Catalyst drivers, which is 5.11 right now, but it turns out that 5.11 cant be installed with the 'mobility' set of cards. if u try it gives u 2 errors:

1. INF error. Video driver not found.
2. Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup.

so i looked on google and i found out that u can use the normal catalyst for 'mobility' cards by using this software ATI DH MOD. its not made by ATI some guy at driverheaven.com made it and u can c it out here - *www.driverheaven.net/patje/

so anyways ive installed it after a few tries it worked n its all totally fine - quake 4 runs damn well at highest settings n all

but wat i wanna no is, will doin this harm my gfx card in any way? overheating perhaps?

thx 4 readin dis huge msg lol

OP
I

ishaan

Padawan
i mailed the developer - Patje

he says its all cool so i guess theres nothin to worry about and i havent experienced anything weird cept the fact that games run so much cooler on my laptop :D:D:D

if anyone has a laptop with an ati gfx card, i recommend them 2 use this tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom