ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7770

The Sorrow

New to this forum
Hey guys wassup?

Ok, i'm planning to get new rig within 4-5 days.
I going to get a hd 7770 and i'm really confused whether to go for it or not. I mean i've been googling and saw many forums, posts, reviews on newegg, etc and most people are have problems with it. Mostly drivers and card failures, many RMAs, Is that true? Really guys its scaring the hell out of me. Is anyone here using 7770?

Is there any gpu equal or better than 7770 within 11k?

I'll be using intel core i3 2120 and gigabyte h61md2h with corsair cx430... On a tight budget can spend more on psu. Thanks.

Found this.

MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Myth

Cyborg Agent
You have raised this question in your other thread : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...estions-advices-needed-plz-2.html#post1729231
Suggestions given there. :)

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Is there any gpu equal or better than 7770 within 11k?

Why settle for 7770 if you have a budget of 11k? You can easily get a Nvidia GTX 560 for arnd 11k

BTW there are issues with 7770 (and most 7xxx carsds) only in terms of compatibility Else these cards are very very good(because of performance/watt). I hope 12.7 drivers will smooth things for 7xxx series cards.

OP
T

The Sorrow

New to this forum
Why settle for 7770 if you have a budget of 11k? You can easily get a Nvidia GTX 560 for arnd 11k

BTW there are issues with 7770 (and most 7xxx carsds) only in terms of compatibility Else these cards are very very good(because of performance/watt). I hope 12.7 drivers will smooth things for 7xxx series cards.

thanks for the reply, so issues only with compatibility? Will i3 2120 with gigabyte h61m d2h be compatible with it.. I really need replies from people using/used 7770. I know 7770 is very good at performance, price and power consumption.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Refer below thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ng-amd-hd-7770-monitor-not-recognized-os.html

that dude was having issues but now it seems it has been solved.

As I said before, if you could afford to spend 11K you should go for Nvidia GTX 560 or AMD 6870 because 7770 falls between basic & medium category and GTX 560 falls one tier above that. Most games are playable at full 1080P but there will be frequent FPS drops in demanding games.

No doubt HD 7770 is one of the best cards for <10K range but as you move higher even by 1k your choices widen.

Your best bet is GTX 560 as it can max out all current games at 1080P and still have playable framerates.

Top Bottom