ATi 2600 vs. nVidia 8600

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
faraaz said:
I'm considering buying a new laptop, and I have an option of picking up a Toshiba with AMD dual-core CPU and the ATi 2600 or a HP Intel C2D with the GeForce 8600 ...

Which is better for gaming? Why? Please keep in mind, the game which I will be using with this laptop is Bioshock, Oblivion and Colin McRae DiRT...

wats the cost of both laptops in Rs.?, i guess ur buying from zurich ?
which did u go for.

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Neither...going for a Fujitsu Siemens Xi 2428...

Saw this deal very recently...its a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz with 2 GB RAM, 160 GB SATA @ 7200 rpm, 15.4" widescreen with 1440x900 native resolution, integrated 1.3 MP Webcam and here's the biggie ... nVidia GeForce 8600 M GS (or whatever that abbreviation is...maybe GTS..I dunno) 256 MB GDDR3 RAM...all for 1700 CHF which is about 60,000 rupees...

I haven't bought it yet because Vista is in German on this, and the keyboard also is not a QWERTY layout, but the stupid German one with extra characters and all the regular character placements messed up. So I'm trying to get a lappy customised with the English keyboard. If that doesn't work out...I dunno..

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
if i was in ur place... i would have gone for C2D and 8600.. i have seen many games which prefers Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom