1. Budget?
Ans. Rs. 10,000/-

2. Display type and size?
Ans. Less Than 5.5"

3. Dual sim?
Ans. Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Ans. Brand with good ASS

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Ans. I want both (flash, front facing camera).

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Ans. Android or Windows

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
Ans. 3G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Ans. Everything, I mean net surfing, gaming, camera, music player, watching movies/youtube videos....etc.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Ans. Redmi 1S or Moto G or Zenfone 5 (My primary choice)

10. Any other info that you want to share?
Ans. This phone is going to be My First Smartphone [Touch screen Also], so I don't want to regret later.

I also want to know is it justified to pay Rs. 4,000/- extra [for zenfone 5 over redmi 1s] for extra 1GB RAM and a headset?

Last edited:
I'M using redmi 1s currently and its got a lot of bugs in miui v5 that hopefully solved in miui v6 like bad ram management, music stop sometimes while using apps, hearing, battery life etc. But worth it if update will solve these problems.

Moto g 2nd gen is much better if update is concerned.

$hadow

Geek in making
If you can increase the budget get moto moto g 2 or else get zenphone since getting xiaomi will be a pain in the a$$

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
so many Xaomi haters :p

OP go for Redmi 1S if you can ignore the ASS(can't be sure if its good or not, Xaomi is too new in India to be judged for ASS). My friend just like you was confused about a new mobile(his first smartphone, jump from Java to MiUI 5 :p ) and he bought a Mi3 as i suggested and doesn't regret anything ;)

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get Xiaomi 1S if you can it fulfill your requirement and is only available for 6k.If you can increase your budget get Moto G 2nd gen.

OP
Moy

Moy

Gadget Freak/Flashaholic
Guys, I'm really on a tight budget, 10K is the max I can spend. Also I tried to buy Redmi 1S today, but bad luck, couldn't add it to the cart. I can't rely on my luck to buy Redmi 1S. May be I have to buy Zenfone 5. Asus Facebook page said zenfone will be back in stock this week.

Is Zenfone 5 a really bad choice? Zenfone user please reply. I know the battery & speaker performance is average, but other than that is there any big problem that needs to be consider?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I used both for a few hours and imho, zenfone is far better than redmi 1s. It has better build quality, ui response etc. The redmi heats very quickly also. There were problems with signal strength. 3g signal is very low when others show full signal strength. Go for redmi if you are on a tight budget only.

Top Bottom