Asus X54C-SX261D need info on this

shreyaBling

Broken In
Hi,

I zeroed on this laptop coz ...its cheap for its config, my only problem being, I need to run windows XP pro on it coz my old laser printer doesnt have Win 7 support on it....

So will this run xp without glitch and will i be able to install my printer namely HP laserjet 3050 on it....

thanks

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I too am looking at this particular laptop. After you buy and use it. Please do tell us how it is.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
that printer has Windows 7 support
HP LaserJet 3050 All-in-One Printer- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
so go for win7, as installing XP is a little pain in modern hardwares

OP
S

shreyaBling

Broken In
@s18000rpm thanks a lot....i guess i never looked at the direct print facility ..

I have hit a roadblock as my brother just spotted Asus X54C-SX316D Asus X54C-SX316D / 2nd Generation Pentium Dual Core / 2 GB / 500 GB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

Its kinda 4 K chaper than the one above...can someone please please tell me how much difference does the i3 make and is worth the extra 4K...thanks

OP
S

shreyaBling

Broken In
got my laptop a few days ago but got a chance to open it just today...i installed win 7 home basic and its pretty fast,

There isnt much i can talk about considering all i do is read mails, surf and make xls files.

So i will just talk about the built quality. The Screen is nice and sharp while the body and its texture is simply affable. At 12g its light man!

sso whats the prob well ...the keyboard seems fragile , the body is essentially pure plastic and kinda reminds me of a mordernised thinkpad r series, which by the way were cheap and super awesome(i had one).

the speakers well umm...ill leave 'em alone and a vga cam well dats all about it ...

nothing else that i could think off but if u wana know something just tell me ...:)

papul1993

not a newbie.....
How is the battery life? Does the keyboard feel good to type on?

This laptop is made for this kind of work. Surfing, office documents and stuff like that. Its core i 3 right?

OP
S

shreyaBling

Broken In
How is the battery life? Does the keyboard feel good to type on?

This laptop is made for this kind of work. Surfing, office documents and stuff like that. Its core i 3 right?

sorry for the horrendously late reply...considering it pretty much discontinued now, anyways batery life kinda ok never really lasted more 3 hours...and keyboard...no it doesnt...atleast i didnt like it..

Top Bottom