Asus Update through Internet - failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
The Bios of my new A8N-E board is V 1005 and when I try to update it through Internet using the Asus Update utility, it searches and gives the message "sorry, there is no proper Bios image file on the server". I have tried several times. In the Asus Home page it is shown that versions upto 1008 are available. I tried to update through Internet and not through Floppy, since it seemed easier.

And everybody says updates of Asus are easily availble compred to others.

Anybody who had updated through internet please help.

Thanks in advance.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Try the european server (de) or the .com one. Or u need to update the updater. In most cases it does this automatically, but if doesn't, do it manually.
Edit: Hmmm..No server's responding for me too. ANyway, I have 1010.001
Why don't you download directly from the site.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
siriusb said:
Try the european server (de) or the .com one. Or u need to update the updater. In most cases it does this automatically, but if doesn't, do it manually.
Edit: Hmmm..No server's responding for me too. ANyway, I have 1010.001
Why don't you download directly from the site.

In fact I have updated the updater to V 6.10.02. I did't download directly from the site since I thought that updating directly from the net through the utility might be easier and safer. (maybe, I am wrong)
Or is it safe since I can revert back to the original Bios by booting with the support CD for the motherboard?
Secondly it is more than a year since I removed the floppy drive from my system.
javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes
BTW how to close the opening of the of the Floppy Drive bay?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
There's no problem. Just save the .zip or .bin BIOS image file from the website, run Asus updater, select 'update bios from image file' (something like that) and update.
The only time you will need floppy or asus cd is to downgrade your bios.

To close the floppy bay u may use thermocol and paint it to your case color. Or why don't you just stick in your old floppy drive itself?

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
siriusb said:
There's no problem. Just save the .zip or .bin BIOS image file from the website, run Asus updater, select 'update bios from image file' (something like that) and update.
The only time you will need floppy or asus cd is to downgrade your bios.

To close the floppy bay u may use thermocol and paint it to your case color. Or why don't you just stick in your old floppy drive itself?

Thank you siriusb. With your guidance I could very easily upgrade to 1008. The higher version I did'nt use because it is Beta version. BTW I had to upgrade the NVidia chipset drivers before that and the Asus site was not helpful since it contained a zip version which would not install and finally I downloaded and installed it from the NVidia site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom