Asus R9 280x high load temp ?

ajinkys

Broken In
Hi, I'm having Asus r9 280x and living in Mumbai. My cabinet is corsair spec 1 having 2 corsair af 140mm fans quiet edition and one rear and one top exhaust are nzxt fn 120mm. CPU is i5 4570 plus cm hyper 212x. GPU idle temps are 42c and under load for crysis 3 at ultra settings for an hour or two it reaches 84-86C at 99% load. Am I the only one getting these high temps or should I RMA the gfx ? Please advise urgently. Anyone using the same gfx from.India please share your temps and any moderator please advise me what should I do ?

amjath

Human Spambot
Idle: ~32
Load: ~72
as pre reviews for TOP version
this is your cabinet right Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 Review | bit-tech.net

1. Summer season temps will be bit high
2. Ur fan setup has back and top [assuming both pulling air out], what about front and side. Back and Top pulls air out of the cabinet. Need fans to push air into the cabinet
3. Take the gpu and clean it if there is any dust

- - - Updated - - -

Also wait for others/owners to reply

OP
A

ajinkys

Broken In
View attachment 14533

this is my set-up. two front intake are 140mm and top and rear exhaust are 120mm Please advise ? nothing is OVERLOCKED, i just the config a week back so i doubt there is any dust anywhere for such temps. please advise.

amjath

Human Spambot
As [MENTION=86813]Jripper[/MENTION] suggested on the other thread of yours, Please let us know and direction of your cooler. Upload your image in imgur.com and post the link here

OP
A

ajinkys

Broken In
[url=*postimage.org/]*s2.postimg.org/o9czm5bq1/10389559_10152496382586885_7344459801178486863_n.jpg
image sharing[/URL]

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
gpu currently idle 37-36 degrees ........

- - - Updated - - -

Idle: ~32
Load: ~72
as pre reviews for TOP version
this is your cabinet right Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 Review | bit-tech.net

1. Summer season temps will be bit high
2. Ur fan setup has back and top [assuming both pulling air out], what about front and side. Back and Top pulls air out of the cabinet. Need fans to push air into the cabinet
3. Take the gpu and clean it if there is any dust

- - - Updated - - -

Also wait for others/owners to reply
wow how are u getting idle 32 ??

> Use a side intake fan.

> The top exhaust fan and CPU cooler's right intake fan are too close. The exhaust fan will leave less air for the CPU cooler. Move the top exhaust fan one slot towards the read.

OP
A

ajinkys

Broken In
I'm talking about 99% load which u get by playing crysis 3 at ultra settings. i cant have a side intake fan as there isnt slot or place for any. what are the max temps u all have got under max load ?

aniket.cain

Padawan
I have the same Asus R9 280X, and I used to see temps around 74-76C while playing Crysis at ultra. Have seen it touching 78 (on hot days - I don't have an AC), but not above that. In my case, adding a side intake fan decreased the temps by 1-2C, but not much.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I have the same Asus R9 280X, and I used to see temps around 74-76C while playing Crysis at ultra. Have seen it touching 78 (on hot days - I don't have an AC), but not above that. In my case, adding a side intake fan decreased the temps by 1-2C, but not much.

well m in an aced room plus in bangalore still that much temp............ is my model faulty i can even see artifacts after playing bf 3 for a while specially in desert maps

- - - Updated - - -

i have only one intake fan that is the stock one of cs 431 elite plus

well m in an aced room plus in bangalore still that much temp............ is my model faulty i can even see artifacts after playing bf 3 for a while specially in desert maps

- - - Updated - - -

i have only one intake fan that is the stock one of cs 431 elite plus

Artifacts without overclocking is definitely a sigh of faulty product. Get it RMA'd.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
85 degree on full load is a bit on the higher side for these days, but is completely fine. 10 years back, GPUs used to run even higher than this and still worked fine. 6600 GT which I had used to hit 90-95 degrees. And fabrication these days is better than what it was 10 years back. So, you should have zero worries.

My 3 year old HD 6950 hits 85 degrees since day #1, still running fine.

ravi847

Journeyman
^^^
its really not about days and stuff. .every class of card comes with a designated max temperature.
For example 85ºc would be fine for a r9 290 as its built to operate in those conditions but its not safe for a r9 280x.

As for op's problem r9 280x suffers from artifacts.
Google it and you will see.Most non reference ones have this problem. someone posted in this forum too.
Asus was kind of most affected one with the reason being that they didn't provide cooling for two memory cores or something which was causing the artifacts.

you should rma it.

Amd is really disappointing these days.
Even non-reference r9 290s have their issues like black screens and it includes the much popular sapphire r9 290 trix oc.
also I've read that their fx line up of cpus haven't been much success

Top Bottom