Asus PA238Q LED?

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Hi All,

Am planning to get this ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Display- ASUS PA238Q

Asus PA238Q 23" LED display today noon. Are there any last minute considerations that I should be looking at ?

I see that this is a full hd 1920 x 1080 monitor. Is this supposed to be its native resolution ? What would be the least resolution that I can use this panel at for games ?

Just worried as my gpu (6850) is not playing COD:black ops at 1024 x 768 resolution smoothly on my 17" CRT . would the gameplay be even more worse on this asus panel then?

Thanks !

No replies? oh com on

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Whats the price in your area? You should have a look at Benq G2220Hd.
Although its not Led, its a great monitor.

Well getting a new monitor doesnt improve gaming performance. Black ops is very processor hungry. And there is a high chance that when you run it at 1080p it may further slow down.
Post full config.

robotsmani

Journeyman
I have this monitor. great in colors. It is a IPS panel and having 6ms. For gaming better go for TN panel which is cheaper than this.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Whats the price in your area? You should have a look at Benq G2220Hd.
Although its not Led, its a great monitor.

Well getting a new monitor doesnt improve gaming performance. Black ops is very processor hungry. And there is a high chance that when you run it at 1080p it may further slow down.
Post full config.

hi, thanks for responding..
I did not expect greater performance in games by getting this monitor, but did not want the performance to get bad !
My proc is an amd pII x4 955 ..which i believe is not that bad a cpu ?
got the 6850 /w a 4 gig ram ..
shouldn't this config run black ops @ 1024 x 768 'smoothly' ?

the Benq G2220Hd - hmmm.. its an inch lesser in size than the pa238q .. + is it an IPS ?
Price in my place for this asus thing is around 16.7 k..

I have this monitor. great in colors. It is a IPS panel and having 6ms. For gaming better go for TN panel which is cheaper than this.

Which city are you from and for how much did u get it mani ?

Well, I specially choose the monitor cuz it was an IPS.. cuz i need wide viewing angles when watching movies..

Is this monitor that very bad on games ? All possible reviews that I read on this monitor, no -ve's were mentioned with respect lags/shadows on games..
P.S : Im not a professional gamer...

robotsmani

Journeyman
Which city are you from and for how much did u get it mani ?

Well, I specially choose the monitor cuz it was an IPS.. cuz i need wide viewing angles when watching movies..

Is this monitor that very bad on games ? All possible reviews that I read on this monitor, no -ve's were mentioned with respect lags/shadows on games..
P.S : Im not a professional gamer...

Well..i am also not a big gamer. i have not played any games yet. but it is not lagging.

I bought it for my photography need. of-course it is having great color and good viewing angle

I am from bangalore. i got this for 15.2+tax.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone

Finally, my monitor arrived today !!! Its simply aweeeeesome !

Initially was worried with a shaky display as in a low refresh rate.. but then found out the VGA connector to be the culprit..

I've now connected it to the display port :)

only thing that i'll have to worry about is playing games at the resolution of 1920 x 1080 henceforth...

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
I see a bright white light/spot/area at the bottom right corner of the screen, when you align your eyes with the white coloured POWER ON button..this is visible when on a black background..

Are you experiencing the same ? I hope this is not a defect or something...

Top Bottom