ASUS P5W-DH Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasku

In the zone
Hello all,

I have ASUS P5W-DH mobo with E6400 processor, anyone having the similar components, can u pls temme wat temps u guys are gettin?

I am gettin the foll:

Idle

Asus Probe : CPU- 40 to 41C
Mobo- 49C

Core temp: CPU - 50C

Load

Asus Probe : CPU- 49 to 51C
Mobo- 51C
Core Temp : CPU- 59-60C

I was just wondering if the temps are a lil on the higher side...the mobo temp is def abnormal, but apparently the sensor for the p5w-dh is placed in a weird position and reports 10C higher than other boards.

Waiting for you inputs...thanks.

OP
jasku

jasku

In the zone
Hello Chaos..

are u from india?...and wat temps are u gettin for ur mobo and cpu?

BTW...kool rig u got there..

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Yes from India... CPU 55-56 at load @3.6GHz, motherboard always says 30 but I have my doubts about it. CPU has a thermalright ultra-120 cooling it.

sabret00the

Youngling
^^well Ch@0s looking at ur config even I thought that maybe ur not from India.How did u manage to get all those parts in India.In which city did u buy these parts from or did u get them imported.Now the most awaited question is hw much did this awesome RIG cost u man?

Ch@0s

In the zone
The ATI card and Dell LCD i carried back from the US last february. Now both are available locally. The board+proccy was bought here in blore itself, the RAM purchased from www.memoryc.com and shipped to India. All storage obviously bought locally. The Wavemaster was bought 3 years ago from itdepot chennai, PSU bought last feb from itdepot. All audio parts other than headphones and an external DAC bought locally in bangalore. The headphones were purchased second hand from a friend in Bombay. The XFi is connected to an external DAC over SPDIF cos its analog outputs suck. The DAC was imported from Hong Kong. Finally all the CPU cooling was purchased from www.sidewindercomputers.com. They ship to India.

OP
jasku

jasku

In the zone
So this shipping....is ther any extra tax or deivery charge?...how muuch did u have to pay apart from the product cost?.....

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^965 overclocks way better than 975, has the newer ICH8R south bridge and runs cooler too. I don't see any specific reason to get 975 other than the minor improvement in benchmark scores because of tighter latencies. Also the best 975 board (Abit AW9D MAX) has only 1 PCI slot which is insufficient for my purpose. If you are pointing me towards the P5WDH, no thanks its a crap board, especially for RAM overclocking.

Delivery of stuff depends upon what courier you use... I use DHL typically and though a bit pricey, i get stuff within 2 days. I paid arnd 30 euro for 315 euro worth of ram and 800 rupees duty. So you basically get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom