ninad2012

Broken In
I purchased ASUS K55VM laptop on oct. 2012.
I been doing losts of experiments on it and i think i am ready to answer any Q> related to it.
If you have any Q. related to this specific laptop then please feel free to ask.
THnk you.

ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS K55VM

nandu26

In the zone
what about heat on the top and bottom of the laptop?

what about display? Is it clear even though it is glossy?

any abnormal shutdowns.

OP
N

ninad2012

Broken In
OK.

1. HEat issue- I never faced even a single issue related to overheat or malfunction.
I am saying this, because i played The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, Portal 2, Crysis 2 and call of duty bc2. PLayed for more than 2 hours continuous. NOT EVEN SINGLE ISSUE YET.
(if you knw any other game which can hep me to test better, please advice; i would love to test and submit results.

2. Display, 15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight
All i can say, I am fully satisfied. Its all upto my expectation except, It attracts dust. so have to clean after every 2 days.

3. I dont think any other motherboard company makes better motherboards than asus. (saying this by my experience). After hours of surfing, downloding, gaming and engineering project making, architecture project....it feels amazing.

Dislike, I am not fully satisfied with its speed, it has 5400 RPM HD with i7 so, it feels little slow after its full with contains.

1. Heat issue - Positive score - 10/10
2. Display - score- 9/10
4. Performance - score 11/10
5. HD access speed 7.5/10 (after its full or filled upto 800 GB and above)

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
GT 540 and Gt 630 are the same card.. Nvidia changed the name and released GT 540 as GT 630.. Sad..

OP
N

ninad2012

Broken In
Plus point is , The Asus K55VM-SX064VM is equipped with two graphics chips: the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics chip and the Nvidia GeForce GT 630M as a dedicated graphics chip with 2GB of VRAM. Both GPUs support DirectX 11. The laptop uses Nvidia's "Optimus" technology. The relatively power hungry GeForce GT 630M graphics chip is used only when the integrated Intel HD4000 graphics chip does not provide enough processing power. This switching is done automatically in the background.This automatic switching helps the laptop extend the battery life by running the HD4000 when the dGPU isn’t necessary.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
so you mean you just put the graphics option on "Auto select", depending on the task it switches automatically.. You made it sound like some rocket science concept..:grin::rofl:

Plus point is , The Asus K55VM-SX064VM is equipped with two graphics chips: the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics chip and the Nvidia GeForce GT 630M as a dedicated graphics chip with 2GB of VRAM. Both GPUs support DirectX 11. The laptop uses Nvidia's "Optimus" technology. The relatively power hungry GeForce GT 630M graphics chip is used only when the integrated Intel HD4000 graphics chip does not provide enough processing power. This switching is done automatically in the background.This automatic switching helps the laptop extend the battery life by running the HD4000 when the dGPU isn’t necessary.

Yup. Optimus technology is good but that of Amd is better. You cannot use the intel hd4000 and nvidia gt630 simultaneously. But in trinity laptops they work together and believe me some games get huge boost. :)