Asus K53SV-SX520D

bot9011

Broken In
Hello,

I am planning on buying a notebook. My budget is 35-37k and not more than that.
'Asus K53SV-SX520D' has caught my attention and since it has good GPU , that is , nvidia gt540m and I glad that I could play most of the latest games on it and I suppose it's the cheapest notebook that comes with gt540m gfx.

But the problem is , this particular model is not being sold by any of the online retailers such as flikart, letsbuy .. Did Asus stop producing it ?

And which the cheapest laptop equipped with nvidia 540m or equivalent gfx ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No. I dont think SMC have Cash on Delivery :(

I think this is the best config I have seen at this price. i5 + Gt 540m combo at this price hasnt been seen by me(but I think there is a similar Lenovo model that has similar config)

If you are not sure of ordering online, just call them from the numbers in "Contact" section of their site :)

OP
B

bot9011

Broken In
No. I dont think SMC have Cash on Delivery :(

I think this is the best config I have seen at this price. i5 + Gt 540m combo at this price hasnt been seen by me(but I think there is a similar Lenovo model that has similar config)

If you are not sure of ordering online, just call them from the numbers in "Contact" section of their site :)

okay , thanks for the quick reply :)

Could you please tell me which other gfx is equivalent to nvidia 540m in terms of performance ?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
okay , thanks for the quick reply :)

Could you please tell me which other gfx is equivalent to nvidia 540m in terms of performance ?

You may want to extend the budget a bit and buy this instead - ASUS Laptop Notebook Intel Huron River Core i7-2670QM Quad 2.2G,4GB,750GB Gaming | eBay

(Don't forget to apply coupons)

If you are looking at a lower end one, look for Asus X53TA (Retails at 26-28k Depending on the retailer) the only thing bad about X53 is the sh1tty brown color

Have fun with your new lappy ;)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well from NViDIA that is best at that price.
6730m > 6570m > 5750m > GT540m if you are looking for AMD stuff

but remember the GT540m > 6650m >6630m .

monsta007 said:
If you are looking at a lower end one, look for Asus X53TA (Retails at 26-28k Depending on the retailer) the only thing bad about X53 is the sh1tty brown color
The NVIDIA GT 520MX is nothing when you compare it with a 540m.Period

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Well from NViDIA that is best at that price.
6730m > 6570m > 5750m > GT540m if you are looking for AMD stuff

but remember the GT540m > 6650m >6630m .

The NVIDIA GT 520MX is nothing when you compare it with a 540m.Period

Ameego, X53ta has 6650m am not competing/comparing the Gfx cards, am only listing options (in case he decides to save some cash and go with a lower end model)

Remember, no i repeat no notebook seller is providing the component match X53TA is giving at the moment at a blow away price.

Also it runs on AMD A6, AMD is known for its over clocking capabilities :mrgreen:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
monsta007 said:
AMD is known for its over clocking capabilities
But I am not sure how practical or risky it will be to Overclock a laptop? A laptop anyways generates more heat than a Desktop and on top of that Overclocking will ......

monsta007 said:
Remember, no i repeat no notebook seller is providing the component match X53TA is giving at the moment.
Yes, The processor is very very sweet :D
But really it should have had *slightly* better graphics than 520xm

anyways, nice find. Rep added because I had not seen(though of seeing) a i7 laptop below 45k :wink:

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^Buddy u don't oc a Notebook do u
also if u compare the 540m to desktop gpu's seeing the config it should be equivalent to a GT430

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
But I am not sure how practical or risky it will be to Overclock a laptop? A laptop anyways generates more heat than a Desktop and on top of that Overclocking will ......

Yes, The processor is very very sweet :D
But really it should have had *slightly* better graphics than 520xm

anyways, nice find. Rep added because I had not seen(though of seeing) a i7 laptop below 45k :wink:

@Overclocking
I have checked NBR Forum, users literally love this baby and are safely OCing it

@Graphics card
Oh come on, you don't get the whole world for 26-28k (Referring to X53TA), are you amongst the ones who kills enemies in Metro and looks at its hair? the Gfx bundled is pretty slick to run games smoothly for casual gamers, for dedicated gamers this isn't a perfect match

@Reps
Lolz tq

Just Google K53TA Review (American Version) & look how this tiny monster performs

I have to rant about its brown color Stupid Asus people lol.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
monsta007 said:
@Graphics card
Oh come on, you don't get the whole world for 26-28k (Referring to X53TA), are you amongst the ones who kills enemies in Metro and looks at its hair? the Gfx bundled is pretty slick to run games smoothly for casual gamers, for dedicated gamers this isn't a perfect match
Its not that. See the technical specs of the cards-

GT 540m

GPU Engine Specs:
96CUDA Cores
1344 MHzProcessor Clock (MHz)
10.8Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec)
Memory Specs:
900 MHzMemory Clock
DDR3Memory Interface
128-bitMemory Interface Width
28.8Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec)
Feature Support:
3D Vision, CUDA, DirectX 11, PhysX, OptimusSupported Technologies
3D Vision Ready
Yes3D Blu-Ray
Yes3D Gaming
Yes3D Photos

GT 520m

GPU Engine Specs:
48CUDA Cores
1480 MHzProcessor Clock (MHz)
5.9Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec)
Memory Specs:
800Memory Clock (MHz)
GDDR3Memory Interface
64-bitMemory Interface Width
12.8Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec)
Feature Support:
PhysX, CUDASupported Technologies

If you compare feature for feature-
540m has-
1) Exactly Double CUDA Cores
2) Double Texture fill rate
3) More Memory clock

and support for 3d gaming, photos, etc

Source-
GeForce GT 540M - Specifications - GeForce
GeForce GT 520M - Specifications - GeForce

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1 line "I am not a gaming expert :(" so most of the figures go over my head

Thats where some people are misconcepted.
Better graphics just is not for gaming but it also helps in things like rendering,photo edit,etc

I am suggesting better graphic because OP wants a gaming laptop . Hence it will benifit him more than a i7 for now atleast because games Still cannot optimise all 8 cores of it.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
I would like to add here also double the memory bandwidth i.e 128 vs 64bit the 540m can play any modern game in low to medium settings @ 1024X768
and above all the no of ROP's are also double i.e 16 vs 8

the main factors deciding a GPU performance are

1. No of Sp's (i.e stream processors or Cuda cores or shaders )
2.No. of ROP's
3.Pixel/Texture fill rate
4.Memory type
5.Memory Data Width/bandwith

also to compare the no of Sp between Nvidia & ATI generally divide ati by 3 will give a rough comparison

OP
B

bot9011

Broken In
Thanks a lot for replying guys, I appreciate your interest in this thread !
But being honest, I am totally confused now ! I am in a fix and don't know which laptop to buy !

Okay , could somebody please tell me how good is Asus K53TA? and it's processor is clocked at just 1.4Ghz..is that enough for multitasking ? How good is it's gfx ?

And I am not a pro when it comes to tweaking computer hardware/software settings and hence I wouldn't take the risk of overclocking the CPU I suppose !

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Thanks a lot for replying guys, I appreciate your interest in this thread !
But being honest, I am totally confused now ! I am in a fix and don't know which laptop to buy !

Okay , could somebody please tell me how good is Asus K53TA? and it's processor is clocked at just 1.4Ghz..is that enough for multitasking ? How good is it's gfx ?

And I am not a pro when it comes to tweaking computer hardware/software settings and hence I wouldn't take the risk of overclocking the CPU I suppose !

Its a Quad Core CPU mate, you can multi task as if you would drive a car on a silk finish road :)

Read these links, you'll get to know what owners say about this

General Discussion about the Laptop Pricing and Performance at other forum - K53TA.. The best deal ever... could be!

Owner Lounge - K53TA Owner's Lounge

Also i red somewhere today on the same forum that due to shortage of chips from AMD this model is discontinued (just headsup) google to read more, however don't underestimate this machine!

P.S. - Am getting 1 myself :p

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
But I have my fears as most game today are optimised for higher Clock. Try out both laptop before making decision. Best of luck! :D

Top Bottom