ASUS HD7950 Direct CUII 3GB - Unboxing pics

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Hi Folks,

Here are the pics which I clicked while unboxing my HD7950 DirectCUII

IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0012.JPGIMG_0013.JPGIMG_0014.JPG

Here is the link to product description page

ASUS - Graphics Cards- ASUS HD7950-DC2-3GD5

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
I want to buy this card as Flipkart cancelled my order for Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 OC Edition 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com after 10 days of placing order:-x . I have a Asus Maximus V Gene motherboard and Corsair Carbide 400R cabinet,so will the card fit without any problem? And will my Corsair GS 600 PSU will be enough?

Last edited:
OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Yes... one of my friends had also ordered this sapphire 7950 OC from flipkart and they cancelled the order. Apparently it seems either they ran out of stock really or had got the pricing horribly wrong as no other shop was offering that card for 25k and no other 7950 OC cards were available.

That card will fit your 400R and GS600 is more than enough. I could fit that card in CM Elite 311 too and could run it of Antec VP450 as well :)

Asus HT7950 DCII which I bought is priced at 29K on flipkart. 3k increase in pricing considering I bought it for 26k just a month back. This all is happening since Flipkart are confused about pricing of AMD cards right now.

Get HD7870 cards like this one for 25k.
HIS AMD H787Q2G2M 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

or if the price fluctuations don't worry you much then go for the Asus one which I bought priced at 29.3k on flipkart.
Asus AMD HD7950-DC2 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

But one caution, on Maximus V Gene, you'll need to buy a two slot card in future (hence another Asus DCII card will be out of question), if you need to crossfire. Put it in first PCIe slot and put the Asus one in the bottom slot as Asus HD7950 DCII is a triple slot beast.

Sapphire HD7870 OC Edition is a gr8 option too... but I really doubt Sapphire's availability with Flipkart.

*www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-...B4ZR&ref=81551c9e-008b-4bb5-a0ca-828573035880

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
You can very well overclock the non-top card to beyond top edition speeds.. and its not the case that Top edition will overclock further since both use the same chip inside hence the OC capabilities are same for both. Maximum on default voltage is 1050 MHz for both of them on core clock.

Ask primeabgb about non-top edition of this card, you'll end up saving 3k. If not available then go for Top edition. The DCII cooler is just fantastic.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
You can very well overclock the non-top card to beyond top edition speeds.. and its not the case that Top edition will overclock further since both use the same chip inside hence the OC capabilities are same for both. Maximum on default voltage is 1050 MHz for both of them on core clock.

Ask primeabgb about non-top edition of this card, you'll end up saving 3k. If not available then go for Top edition. The DCII cooler is just fantastic.

Edit Just contacted primeabgb. They are telling me that they don't have any Asus 7950(although it's listed in their website:-x) So confused. The non-top edition of 7950 has 2GB of VRAM,is it enough if I'll play Skyrim with loads of mods including the High Resolution Texture Pack?

Edit Sorry,just saw it has 3GB of VRAM. OK,going to order this as soon as flipkart return my money.

Last edited:
OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
@lovedonator - Sapphire HD7950 OC is back on flipkart at 25440 !!!! And should be in stock in their werehouse as delivery time is only 3 to 5 business days this time around.
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 OC Edition 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
@lovedonator - Sapphire HD7950 OC is back on flipkart at 25440 !!!! And should be in stock in their werehouse as delivery time is only 3 to 5 business days this time around.
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 OC Edition 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

I ordered the Asus Card for 29K :-(:shock:

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
hmmm.... I posted as soon as I opened flipkart.com today thinkning that you might still be searching for it.
Dont get upset though, it happens all the time. Prices always fluctuate and the difference you paid is of 3.5k which is fine enough.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
hmmm.... I posted as soon as I opened flipkart.com today thinkning that you might still be searching for it.
Dont get upset though, it happens all the time. Prices always fluctuate and the difference you paid is of 3.5k which is fine enough.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the effort.:) You know,they had not shipped my order so I cancelled it and chose to return my money to my Flipkart wallet and so tomorrow I'll order the Sapphire Card.:-D Thank You for saving my 4K man,thanks a lot.

Top Bottom